PDA

View Full Version : ebay ? - seller wants my phone number!

urquie
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM
i won an ebay auction and my item arrived broken. the seller said he needed my phone number to complete the claim (through fedex). is this normal practice or just weird? i've received one other broken ebay item (through ups) and i don't remember being asked for my phone number.

should add - this was after a few emails back and forth. he didn't just come right out and ask for my number.

should i just give it to him?

KBecks
04-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't know all the ins and outs of FedEx, but I would give the
#. FedEx often requires phone numbers on their delivery airbills. Plus, I wouldn't think that a seller would do anything weird with your number.

I had Ebay one seller call me out of the blue, she just looked me up on the internet because they wanted to talk about an issue I had emailed her about. That freaked me out, but it was no big deal.

Good luck!

almostamom
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't send much through FedEx but the few times I have, they have asked for a phone number. One time, I honestly didn't have it. They just put in mine instead.

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

infocrazy
04-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I work for FedEx actually. The phone number is for the courier to have contact information if they are having trouble finding the address or for bad address information.

HTH

urquie
04-26-2006, 05:04 PM
thanks everyone. i sent him my number.