PDA

View Full Version : Another laptop question - how would you justify getting an iBook?

tny915
04-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I guess the first I'd need to ask how to justify buying a laptop that's all mine, when we already have a desktop and just purchased a PC laptop yesterday. I've mentioned to DH in the past that I want to look into Apples and he never bit. So I researched and purchased the PC laptop knowing full well that this was to be his. He thought it was ours, not his. Anyway, yesterday I told him I'd be getting my own iBook in the near future. Said it'd make a great bday/Mothers Day/Xmas present.

With a desktop and a new laptop, I of course don't NEED to get an iBook. I just want one, but that's not a great reason. And when he asked what was so great about macs, I had no answers besides the fact that they're cool, b/c the boards say so. Not the strongest argument.

Anyway, I know there's quite a few of you here that have multiple computer households. What would a good argument be for me?

aliceinwonderland
04-26-2006, 01:07 PM
There's three adults in my household and we each have a laptop. I gave my desktop away after this situation became apparent :)

For me, "my school made me do it!!"
For sister "her school made her do it" (why do physical therapists to be need laptops?? Dunno!)
For DH, his work made him do it (and paid for it ) :)

tarahsolazy
04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
We have three computers at home: a PC desktop that is my husband's; a four year old iBook; and a NEW iBook!

The iBooks get used constantly, the desktop only for gaming these days.

The combination of a laptop and wireless is just wonderful for ease of use and convenience.

I think the Macs are easier to use, attractive and ergonomically quite spiffy.

You can also get great deals buying refurbished iBooks from Apple. I bought my new one as a refurb. I like the 12inch version, and I paid $799 for the new one, with all the features I need. I don't think I could find a 4 pound beautiful Windows laptop for that price.

I have a very nice and spendy Dell Latitude with a bigger screen that my work bought me. It stays in my office, next to my Mac G5, and is used only for the stuff I CAN'T use the Mac for. It just doesn't draw me like those little iBooks do.

And, if the laptop you just bought is your husband's, why should he have one and you NOT have one, if you want one and can afford it?