PDA

View Full Version : Pampers' Rewards points...what are you saving for?

Hippoharbor
04-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I currently have 90 points and do not know how many I will be able to collect by the end of the year. I just do not see too many things on their catalog list that I would trade the points for.
I was just wondering what you other mommas were going to buy.

Michelle

megs4413
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
I dont know what we're gonna get but I have the same dilemma. We have 80 points right now and I just dont' see anything we really want. I think the next time there are a lot of movies out that I want to rent we'll probably trade in for the blockbuster online free month.

trentsmom
04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I only found one thing I'm interested in: the Sesame Street Dictionary. I have around 40 points right now, and the book is 100 points. I told DH that if I don't get enough points, I'll just buy the book. It's only $15.74 through Amazon!

Emmas Mom
04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I think the Elmo Loves You book is really the only thing I know my DD would like....and hey...it's the cheapest thing! lol It's a great idea but their selection isn't too exciting.

pampamz
04-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't think I'll ever get enough points for anything fun...

ett
04-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I agree, there's not too many things that interests me in their catalog, especially if I have to pay for shipping too. I think I'll end up redeeming for one of the blockbuster coupons, since those don't have any shipping charges.

Mommy_Again
04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
oh my gosh- I feel like such a loser- how do you get Pampers points? I can't believe I could have been collecting something for 2.5 years now and I didn't know about it!

Hippoharbor
04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
I didn't even consider the cost of shipping charges. I think I might get the dictionary, also. I am afraid that if I wait too long to "cash in", that the few "good" items will already be out of stock.

Michelle

schums
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
They just started the points thing at the beginning of the year or late last year. So you're not out too much. Each package of Pampers diapers and wipes has a code on it. You go to the Pamper's site and type in the codes (after setting up an account, etc.) and you get points based on what you bought. Each prize has a point value, you just pay S&H. Not sure how much S&H is -- I haven't looked into it that closely yet.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

kellyotn
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
They haven't been doing it for all that long, so you haven't missed out on 2.5 years. ;) Go to www.pampers.com, it tells you where the points are etc. I get boxes of diapers and they are a white sticker on each plastic wrapped bundle. The wipes are just stamped directly onto each package.

elliput
04-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Ideally I would like to get the Brummi, but realistically there is no way I will collect another 328 points before the end of the promotion. ;-) We are not into any of the licensed characters that Pampers is partnered with so none of those items have any appeal.

I wish Pampers had a "donate points to charity" option.

Mommy_Again
04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I love how they cannot send a mailer to tell me about a promotion where they give me something, but they have no problem sending coupons every month to ensure I keep buying their product. Interesting!

kellyotn
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, that's about right. I threw away a few before I realized what they were (probably read it here, ha ha). I kept wondering why diapers would expire! (It gives a long code and says EXP 12/31/06 or something like that.)

FYI, Luvs diapers have Pampers points too. Not sure about Luvs wipes, but I'd assume they do!

jhrabosk
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
So far, I'm making my own baby food, but I think they have coupons for Earth's Best...I might get those. I imagine it would be convenient to have a few jars around for an emergency.

On a slightly different subject, why don't they ever send me coupons? I've been buying Pampers almost exclusively for 6 months and have been signed up on their site the whole time. Never once have I gotten a coupon!

Hippoharbor
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
I have been signed up with Pampers for about the same amt of time and have gotten coupons ~3 times in the mail. Consider calling their customer service and inquire why they never send them to you.

Michelle