PDA

View Full Version : What did you get your DC for 2nd b-day?

mastry
04-27-2006, 11:35 AM
My DD is turning 2-years-old in a week and I am looking for some ideas for gifts. Would love to know what your 2-year-olds loved!!!

trumansmom
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
We just did this a couple of weeks ago. :) We got Eleanor lots of dress up clothes, which have sort of been hit or miss, a new stroller for her dolls (BIG hit! She broke her last one and really enjoys this!), a couple of new dolls from her babysitter, Leap Frog refrigerator magnets (I forget what they are called), and, by far her favorite thing of all, a pair of Dora sunglasses. Yup. The $3.99 gift is getting way more attention than everything else put together!

Oh, and assorted puzzles and more Mr. Potatohead stuff.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

jvorhis
04-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Emma loves -

Cozy Coupe is one of her favorites

Ball pit, but I hate having balls everywhere

Little tikes Climber

A Keyboard (she loves it, mommy not so much)

Little People Doll House

Shopping Cart

Barney Dance Mat

Elefun Game

Anything Dora

mastry
04-27-2006, 12:51 PM
These are great...keep them coming!

Isn't it funny how they always seem to like the cheapest things...i.e. sunglasses. Last year we bought a big ball from Target for $2.50 and it was her favorite thing until our dog popped it!

ribbit1019
04-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Fridge Phonics, is what Jeanne was thinking of I think. If you don't mind plastic noisy toys it is a good choice, DD plays with hers all the time.

We are getting her a Kiddio Suppertrike 4 with a pushbar for her birthday and that is all.

She already has way more toys than she will ever be able to play with. As a matter of fact more than half of them are packed away and you can't even tell.

I would love to get her an easel and a kitchen, but there is still lots of time for all that.

GL!

Christy
My Waterbabies
Maddy born 6/9/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
&
Jarred born 3/8/06, 11 lb 14.5 oz 24" @ 6 wks, a happily breastfed babe.
http://b1.lilypie.com/KH1pm5/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

brittone2
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
We just did one gift, the Kiddio Supertrike 4. DS was actually not very interested in it on his actual birthday, but a week later it was all he wanted to do :)

He now adores it and it is one of our best purchases ever so far.

Sillygirl
04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
We got my nice the 45" square rainbow of playsilks from bumbershootbaby. My SIL says they're well-loved and a great change from all the noisy plastic.

mudder17
04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Hmm...we didn't specifically give her things for her 2nd birthday (got things earlier and gave them out over time), but she did get some gifts at her playdate from her friends. Here's what she's really enjoyed playing with the last 2-3 months:

Wooden Noah's Ark--Kaya loves taking it apart and putting it together. It goes together with little pegs. She also likes putting the animals and people inside.

Wooden blocks--she's been building all sorts of cool towers.

Shoelace threading toy with wooden animals and a couple of trees. They have a hole drilled in and you string them up with the shoelace.

Giant Drawing pad and markers

Doll Stroller

Watering can and various containers

Wooden puzzles (there's a recent puzzle thread in Around the House)

Cloth teapot set from Lillian Vernon

More recently, Play-doh: there's a $9.99 set at Target that comes with 24 cans of different colored play-doh and a bunch of toys that go with it. I tossed in a couple of plastic knives and forks (Ikea) so she can practice cutting the play-doh. Oh, and the set comes with plastic scissors so she can practice that motion. She's been enjoying it a lot in the last few days.

And then of course, stickers and books. :)

ETA: Oh, I forgot, Kaya has been dressing herself a lot more lately and she now has a favorite shirt with buttons down the front. She loves putting it on herself and then buttoning all the buttons. It's pretty impressive, but it's also so cute to see her finish and say, "I did it! Kaya did it!" We're currently working on helping her figure out how to put on her pants and shirts so that the tags are in the back. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

pampamz
04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
A Brio starter train...it was only a little circle track and a few trains but DS love love LOVED it and it started him on his train obsession/collection.
He also got a bag of craft stuff from someone made up of stuff from the dollar store and dragged it around all the time.

mclianne
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Kiddio Suppertrike 4 was DD favorite gift by far. she loved her doll carrier, pack-n-play and stroller for about a week or so. The trike is still a favorite 5 months later...

MelissaTC
04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
His big gift was a big red wagon with air tires. Instead of getting a Radio Flyer, I got it at Harbor Freight per the review from a Mama on these boards. It was $50. Matthew loved it!

thomma
04-27-2006, 08:17 PM
We got ds and dd a playhouse and a sand/water table for their play area in the backyard.

Kim
t&e 5/03

mamato1
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
We did the trike for b-day #2. But, the biggest hit by far has been his musical instruments. Cheap ones from Toys R'Us!
Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

linsei
04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
This is fresh on my mind since his birthday is tomorrrow and the part is on Saturday. We got him a wagon. He hasn't seen it yet, but he loves to ride in/on things, so I'm sure it will be a big hit (I hope!)

We put a lot of stuff in his Easter basket, so decided not to go overboard on presents.

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

fauve01
04-28-2006, 02:02 AM
we got DD her kitchen (the kidcraft one from costco). she LOVES it and plays with it all the time.

other hits are her grocery cart, doll stroller, backpack, little people, that "egg" chair with the shade from IKEA, all playdough, and *anything* dora.

GOOD LUCK! let us know what your DD loves. :-)

Anne + DD 10-03

chiqanita
04-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Soooo glad you asked this question, we'll be 2 in August. I like the ideas you've received so far and hope to see more boy suggestions soon. I can share with you what I have on their gift wish list:

- a Ketrike for each

- water / sand table for outside

- art easel

- table w/ chairs for puzzles and drawing

- one of those toddler swingsets w slide and climbing area

- Little People and Little People House

- a small wagon for each

- Play silks

- Big dump trucks for each

-Toy storage shed in backyard and one inside (not really gifts just a necessity.)

NO, they aren't getting all of this but wish they could of course. DH and I have to narrow it down. Good luck with your decision making!