PDA

View Full Version : ??? about PRENATAL vitamins

TraciG
04-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I have no idea if this is because of the vitamin but I can't think what else it could be. My hair has been so soft, not in a good way, life-like & I wash it every other day & never had a problem now it look's oily on the second day, I wash it that night. Does or did anyone eles have this happen. I am using the same shampoo & hair products .

JacksMommy
04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Sounds like hormone changes to me. Hormones can change a lot about the quality and texure of our hair - mine got straighter in my mid-20s and then curlier again after pregnancy, for example. And oil production can certainly be related to hormones as well. Not sure if you're taking vitamins because you're BFing, pg or TTC, but cerainly if you're still BFing or pregnant, both of those cause hormonal changes as well. If your hair is acting different, you might want to consider changing shampoos to match the way it's currently acting (e.g. use a voluminizing shampoo or whatever - a hairdresser can advise you!)

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

TraciG
04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks for you opinion, sometime in May I am getting hilights & a hair cut I'll ask my hairdresser then what she thinks. Figures, I had a new bottle of the same shampoo in my closet, just opened it !

sadie_beth_1124
04-27-2006, 11:16 PM
I had never heard of this, but I was on a bridal chat room (wedding was 6+ months ago, but I can't seem to give it up) & a bunch of the girls said that they took prenatal vitamins to grow out their hair before their wedding. Seems bizarre, but I've heard of much stranger things.