PDA

View Full Version : Rosie joins the View

jd11365
04-28-2006, 04:01 PM
http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1188555,00.html

DebbieJ
04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
God help us. That show is just sinking deeper and deeper.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

amp
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Huh. Had that been closer to the time she quit her own show, I'd have been thrilled. But since then she's done much to irk me. Although I rarely catch the View much these days.

g-mama
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Okay, well then now I *really* won't watch that show! :P

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

jenjenfirenjen
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I already detest that show and didn't think it could get any worse but obviously, I was wrong.

EllasMum
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Dare I ask why everyone (so far) has issues with Rosie? Please no flames, I just really am curious!

Susan

jenjenfirenjen
04-28-2006, 07:48 PM
No flames, I just find her annoying. Has nothing to do with her life choices or politics or anything. I just think she's a loudmouth and obnoxious. I've never liked her. I can't stand any of the women on that show. FWIW, I don't like Katie Couric either so maybe I just have something against morning show hosts.

jamsmu
04-28-2006, 09:14 PM
yes... I'm watching the daytime emmy's. And she and Barbara officially announced it.

She annoys the heck out of me.

elliput
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
It's things like this that make me glad I work full-time. Ugh. Not that I really *want* to work full-time, it just insures that I am not at home to watch the View. :P

EllasMum
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I, for one, like Rosie, but dislike The View. Guess I'll continue watching Ellen instead! :)

candybomiller
04-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Yep, in agreement here, except for the fact that I don't watch Ellen either. Would much rather be involved in a good book. ;)

Mommy_Again
04-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Barf. Not that I ever watch the show, but I was hoping it would be Patricia Heaton and put two conservatives against two liberals. Would be an attempt for a more balanced "view." Rosie is just so loudmouthed and obnoxious, and it seems like she has totally gone off the deepend in the past few years.

amp
04-29-2006, 02:53 PM
For me, my declining view of Rosie has been that she'd gotten a bit argumentative and angry on tv interviews. I also don't like that she feels it necessary to spew forth about her political views and get angry when someone doesn't agree with her. I am bothered by some hypocritical things she says....example....her serious anti-gun rhetoric....except when it was her son's bodyguard....and so on.

I really, really liked her on her show, but I've seen a different side of her in interviews over the last few years. I also heard from someone who used to work in the biz, that she's more like what I've seen lately and a whole lot less likable, than the gal we all saw on her show years ago. That said, however, when she's not shoving political rhetoric down my throat, I find her very appealing and funny.

That's just my own personal stance.

amp
04-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Yes, I was thinking similarly. I can handle that you express your "view" on the show, but having 3 liberals and one conservative is going to be more stressful for me than enjoyable. And while Rosie was fun on her own show, she didn't venture much into controversial territory (with a few exceptions). On the View, that will be more the rule than the exception, I believe.

AngelaS
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Ick, ick, ick. One more reason not to watch.

And another one...she LOVES Tom Cruise. Another ick...

karolyp
04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Heard this on the radio so I'm not sure how true it is. But supposedly Rosie was badmouthing Star and saying how she's a fraud by not admitting to her gastric bypass surgery as the reason for her weight loss. whatever...

bostonsmama
04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I can't wait to see how Saturday Night Live reacts to this news. I bet the spoof will be hilarious!!

Personally, with the loss of MV, I think the show will tank. I actually feel sorry for Elizabeth Hasselbeck...that will NOT be pretty watching Rosie pitted against EH.

I like what Rosie has done for children, but she's not my favorite to listen to. The View is going to turn from a squawking chicken coup to a violent, squawking c0ck fight.

Larissa

We're doing it! IVF orientation & consult scheduled for May 2nd!
Saline Sonogram--May 5th

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg