PDA

View Full Version : White sweatshirt that is not a pullover- anyone seen any lately?

WitMom
05-01-2006, 11:11 AM
I want to make my mom a sweatshirt for Mother's Day with my daughter's handprints on it. Due to an injury, my mom has limited range of motion in her shoulders and can not raise her arms over her head to put on a pullover shirt. Has anyone seen any button down or zip down sweatshirts recently that would be suitable for painting? Or maybe a cardigan type of sweater that would be "paintable"? It would probably need to be white, or else a really light pastel.

TIA for any ideas.

bostonsmama
05-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't know what her size is, but I just got a zippered white light sweatshirt-type jacket at The Gap (it was $10off all cloth jackets, but might even be clearanced by now). I got the one without the hood, but there were also ones with hoods. I know Gap has sizes up to 16-18 and do 1-2X, so you can get one that's nice and loose to get around her limited range of motion. JC Penny, Target and Old Navy also have white sweatshirt zips....check the young men's section for less patterned ones.

Larissa

We're doing it! IVF orientation & consult scheduled for May 2nd!
Saline Sonogram--May 5th

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

BeachBum
05-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I remember several years ago that people would just cut up the front of a regular sweatshirt. Then they would use that iron on stuff to adhear fabric around the cut edge.
If you can't find a hoodie, then they might be an option.

deenass
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
try dharma trading company (just google the name) they should have what you are looking for.

kellyotn
05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
We just ordered screenprinted tees for my husband's company. The shop had any type of shirt, polo, sweatshirt, jacket - under the sun. Maybe a local screenprint shop could get you a plain white zipper sweatshirt?