PDA

View Full Version : crooked baby teeth = crooked adult teeth??

EllasMum
05-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if crooked baby teeth are a sign that the adult teeth will also be crooked? DD only has 2 teeth at this point and one is nice and straight but the other came in on a noticeable angle. I know there's nothing I can do about this, but is it likely to be the same way with her adult teeth when they come in? Is it possible that this one crooked tooth will straighten out as it grows?

TIA,
Susan

megs4413
05-01-2006, 01:39 PM
I don't think they're directly linked, but I do know that as more teeth come in that surround them they'll be pushed into a better pattern. A lot of teeth come in spaced a great deal apart and as more teeth move in it forces them into place. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

newmomto3kids
05-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Just agreeing with PP. My DD had the biggest gap and crooked teeth as a baby, people would comment on how she was going to need braces. Now, at 5, with all her baby teeth still, they are totally straight, no gap. I think they change so much as they all come in, and I am guessing, they will change again as the new ones grow in.
I actually love the pictures of her with her funny baby teeth, because it brings back such vivid memories and makes me smile.

hautemama15
05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Not in our case. Both my oldest kids had perfect baby teeth, straight and white! When they lost them and got their adult teeth, DD and DS had enamel problems(DS from medications he has been on all his life), and DD needed braces.

mamamayi
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Even adult teeth can come in at an angle and then straighten out. It is my understanding that it is normal for the front two teeth on top to come in this way (the permanent ones). Once they come in, they are supposed to turn and straighten out. The baby teeth will probably be just fine.