PDA

View Full Version : My First Leappad Question

nicksmom
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi there,

I bought a "My First Leappad" from someone on Ebay. This is the blue pad with the red pen and came with the bus template with the alphabet on it. Does not require a cartridge. Seems to work well enough. BUT I bought some other "first LP books and cartridges (Thomas and Jay Jay)" and the pad will not recognize them. I kept getting message "oops, not a first leap pad product" but the cartridges and the books clearly state they are!

I've tried changing the batteries, made no difference. Had my DH try and he got the same result.

Am I right to conclude that the pad is a DUD? Are there different versions out there? Is it a compatibility issue?

Also, looking at Ebay, some people say "Leap's big Day" does not come with a cartridge and others say it does. Does it? Knowing that might help me ascertain if there are different "versions" out there. Perhaps this pad is old and the cartridges are new?

Lastly, I saw some of the leap pads come in a package with a backpack. Have you found that to be useful?

Thanks so much!

dhano923
05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Is this the one you have?
http://www.leapfrog.com/do/findproduct?ageGroupKey=preschool&key=leappadfirst

We have this one (came with our Leapfrog Desk) and I'm able to switch pads and cartridges with no problems. If you look at the top right hand corner of the page, they list the Compatible pads to go with this system. Make sure the books you have match the ones shown. Otherwise, I'd contact Leapfrog and maybe they can troubleshoot with you. I've heard their customer service is pretty good.

missliss55
05-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Is this the one you have? (I hope the link works) :-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0008G223O/sr=8-1/qid=1146521139/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2700045-7623828?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

DD#1 just got this for her 3rd birthday. The book that comes with it doesn't need a cartridge. We have the Dora and Princess books that come with cartridges and we haven't had a problem with them.

HTH!