PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find an outfit for graduation!

s_gosney
05-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Okay, I'm officially driving myself crazy. I tend to overanalyze things and I'm sure I'm doing that on this too, but I've been to every store I can think of and haven't found a thing!
Guidelines:
1. Our gowns are black, so I'm thinking I need to be able to wear black shoes with whatever I buy. (my mom thinks this is silly though)
2. I rarely wear dresses anymore, so all of my church-level dressy outfits just hang in my closet. I was hoping to find something that could be split into separates where I could wear the top to work with black capris and the skirt with a more casual shirt and sandals and not feel overdressed. (I work in a pretty casual environment)

the problem with #2 is that the things I feel like could work as casual separates for work (I'm thinking a polished cotton A-line skirt or something) ends up feeling not "special" enough for graduation. Should I just resign myself to getting a dress that will likely only be worn a couple of times? TIA!

mamato1
05-01-2006, 03:23 PM
In my opinion you can wear whatever color shoes you would like. I like the idea of seperates, but in practice they might be hard to find. IMHO you should splurge on something special! Congrats on graduating!

Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

cara1
05-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I'd say do a dress if you find one you like.
I just bought two dresses for a wedding at Talbots. Both are black. One is black with multicolor polkadots, the other is black with white dots (sound similar, but they aren't). (I only needed one, but the other was on sale, and actually fit!)

http://www1.talbots.com/talbotsonline/product/largeritem.aspx?BID=S20061220943264767D218A63145C4 B14573&item=L133687&h=M&pfid=0

The sale one was $50 but I can't find it on the website.

s_gosney
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks, ladies. I finally found one I like last night at Dress Barn (never been there before). A lot of them were a little "older" than my style, but I found several options and settled on one. It's brown though, so I'll have to decide what to do about the shoes. I may wear black for the ceremony and change for our little celebration afterwards. Who knows.
Thanks for your input!