PDA

View Full Version : One more question--any experience with scabies?

sidmand
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting to hear back from the pediatrician...but in the meantime, does anyone have any BTDT experience with scabies? Just what we needed, right?

Our babysitter called this morning to say she's been diagnosed with scabies (and can't figure out where it came from). Apparently she started treatment for it last Friday (she usually comes about three days a week, so she was here last Thursday and then Monday). I'm not sure what her doctor didn't tell her, but either she didn't realize how contagious it was or everything she had to do, so she started treatment (which I think was the medicine/cream) but didn't wash all her clothing/bedding in hot water.

So, she's already been here since then anyway. I'm going to wash things in hot water anyway, but it says the incubation periods can be 4-6 weeks. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do in the meantime. We're also trying to figure out if she should come tomorrow or wait until next week. All the info I found says that it should be okay a day after treatment, so it sounds like tomorrow should be fine? (And Monday might have been fine too.)

DS has already had salmonella this year (that we still don't know where it came from) and I was trying not to expose him to anything else too weird! Ah well.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

newnana
05-04-2006, 08:02 AM
bump

emmiem
05-04-2006, 09:34 AM
It is very contagious and everyone in your family should be treated with Elimimite.
Michele