PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for a Father's day gift?

jacdo
05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
This year my husband will be celebrating his 1st Father's Day. I haven't come up with any good gift ideas. I would love to hear any suggestions. Thanks.

newnana
05-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Did you see the previous thread on this? There were some excellent suggestions. The one I'm going with is the "DADDY" photos. You get the letters to spell it and take a picture of the baby holding each one. Then either put it in a collage to spell daddy and print it out or print out each one and find a frame with 5 slots. If the baby is too little to hold the letters, they could be near them in different places. It's adorable, you should search for the thread from the last few days...

HTH,
Michelle

KCR4
05-04-2006, 10:08 AM
For our first father's day, I got some paint and paper and made two handprints of DS. I wrote with a small paintbrush "Happy Father's Day 2002! I love you!" My handwriting came out sort of child-like from using a paintbrush and that looks cute to be honest. I framed it and it's been in DH's office over his desk ever since.

Another father's day, I took both DS's to a baby boutique that hosts a "pottery artist" on weekends - and had a custom-painted coffee mug made (a big mug - but still a good size for really drinking from) - she did a handprint of DS 1 and a footprint of DS 2, decorated all around them with colors for a plaid pattern, and wrote "Happy Fathers Day 2004."

I think getting tickets for the first family minor-league (or major) baseball or soccer game outing is another cute idea. I may do this one this year. (Our oldest is not really into sports, or we would have done it sooner.)

Karen

DS 1 7/01
DS 2 10/03
DS 3 edd 7/06

kijip
05-04-2006, 01:37 PM
The DADDY pics were a board hit last year and before. I even did them! And if I can do a craft, it is easy!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=211537&mesg_id=211537&page=