PDA

View Full Version : calling all crafty moms!

Mommy_Again
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
our playgroup has two mamas due in june (one with second baby, one with 2nd AND 3rd!). Instead of the traditional baby shower, we wanted to do something where all the toddlers could contribute since we have been together so long. I thought it would be fun to go to a pottery painting place and make a wall plate, picture frame, or something that all the kids could decorate for the new babies. I've seen things done where kids put a finger or thumb print in paint and then you turn it into an animal with a black marker (i.e. 5 small finger prints become a catepillar). Any other ideas for a creative pottery painting technique where a bunch of two year olds can 'make their mark'?

TIA

lizajane
05-04-2006, 10:06 PM
two hand prints make a great butterfly!!!

thumb prints make cute bumblebees.

maybe finger prints in a circle to make a daisy?

what if the siblings did the two hand prints in the middle and made a big butterfly, then the other kids made the daisies and the moms made the bumblebees. you can add a little grass and some leaves on the flowers, a sunshine and you have a FAB summer scene with everyone's mark!!

Mommy_Again
05-04-2006, 10:30 PM
oh I love that! I didn't even think of having the moms contribute- but that would make it even more special. and having the older siblings highlighted is great. thank you!

Melanie
05-04-2006, 11:53 PM
What about on a piggy bank?

Another cute idea I saw was from a friend's co-workers. Someone gave everyone a little wooden fish to paint or decorate as they pleased (you could use anything that fit their theme) and then she'd painted and marked a piece of wood to hang on the wall for a growth chart. Then she glued the fish on here and there, but hanging a bit off of the edge so on the back you could read who made them.

Does that make any sense at all? LOL.