PDA

View Full Version : Chicago-area Moms...Need Hair Help

classyt
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm desperate. I live in Elmhurst, a near west suburb of Chicago, and have been having the HARDEST time finding a good stylist and colorist. I could go downtown, but with a toddler at home, I just don't know if it's realistic. I've been to several places in Elmhurst and just haven't been happy. I need someone who is good with curly hair. Does anybody from the burbs have a stylist they love and would recommend? How about a good spa? Or can you recommend a place where I can search on such a topic.

Thanks.

Mommy With A Mop

bcky2
05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
how bad is it that i dont know this but how far are you from naperville? if you are willing to go there i can pm you the two most awesome women, one colors and the other cuts :)

janeybwild
05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I too am in your town, and have curly hair :) I feel your pain. I've also tried a few different salons and haven't been too thrilled. The latest is Salon Efthimia with Angela, a "senior stylist" (seems to be a way to gouge way too much money for a simple haircut). Although in the first 2 weeks I wasn't super thrilled (probably still had sticker shock!), my hair has settled nicely into the shape. She did a lot of layering/razoring etc. which has given it a nice shape. For me, the price tag ($55) was way too steep though. Are you a member of the BBB Chicago group? I'm sure you would get loads of suggestions from there. Good luck!

alexsmommy
05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
My best friend just gave up and started making a day of it going into the city to Vidal Sasson. She was tired of people giving her a bad cut. I have to say, she looks awesome, and has a great shorter cut (above the shoulder) that doesn't get puffy.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

kelly ann
05-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I have been going to Asha (Aveda) at the Streets of Woodfield for the last few years and have been quite happy. I just switched to a new stylist last month and I like her better (and slightly cheaper than my previous one at Asha). PM me if you want names...but I have stick straight hair!

kelly ann
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Becky-

My mom just moved out here and works in Naperville. She doesn't want to go to my stylist in Schaumburg and wants one in Naperville. Can you email/PM me the names. Are you on the Chicago yahoo group? Maybe you can post it there.

Thanks!!!!

bcky2
05-05-2006, 05:34 PM
i emailed you :)

lmintzer
05-05-2006, 06:01 PM
My mom lives in Naperville and has an AWESOME colorist at the Mario Triccoci salon. She's done mine too when I've been in town visiting. There are some good stylists there as well, but I can highly recommend the colorist, Gina at the Naperville salon.

classyt
05-06-2006, 07:59 AM
thank you all so much. i would definitely take the naperville suggestions, although it's a tad far. as for salon efthimia, i haven't had great luck there, even with a haircut by angela. it was fine, but i'm looking for someone who can really run with my hair and give me something new.

so go ahead and email me suggestions for naperville (i also have friends there that would love ideas also). and how do i get on the BBB chicago bulletin board? where do i find that?

bcky2
05-06-2006, 08:30 AM
i emailed you :)

lmintzer
05-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't know her last name, but her first name is Gina and she does only color (at the Mario Triccioci salon in Naperville). If you can and ask for "Gina the colorist," they'll know who to hook you up with. She's really really good! I don't think you'd be sorry.

erosenst
05-06-2006, 03:20 PM
If you're willing to so in to the city, Jerry at the Hair Loft, 14 E. Pearson - a couple blocks west of the Water Tower - is AWESOME. I have very curly hair; he grew it out from "all but shaved" to halfway down my back. He's also cut a number of friends of mine, and they've all been thrilled. Relatively reasonable for the city - $50. Great guy, too. I've gone to him for 16 years...and have driven two hours to get there for the last three. (Nuts, I know - but worth it, since I only get it cut every three months.)