PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Dreams during Pg

tina-t
05-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm in my third trimester and started having bizarre dreams. It is mostly about the baby getting harmed and me trying to save the baby. One example is that there was a demon holding my son and baby hostage. I was told that I can only save one but I could not choose so I tired to save them both. We were trying to run away when the ground suddenly opened up and we all fell into a fire pit.

I have several other equally bizarre dreams. Ds REFUSES to listen to me talk about these anymore. He said the dreams gives him the creeps.

I may just be anxious about taking care of another little one, but could it be hormones too? Anyway, just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Thanks.

EllasMum
05-06-2006, 08:24 PM
I had lots of weird dreams while pg - like 2 or 3 bizarro dreams each night! This was at its worst during the first trimester and gradually tapered off during the 3rd trimester for me. My dreams were not usually about the baby, though - mostly just random stuff like going into my parents' backyard and there being a Roman style coliseum that I sat in with my best friend's DS. Um, not sure where that came from so I chalked it up to the hormones!

jenjenfirenjen
05-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I think it's pretty normal to have dreams later in pregnancy about something being wrong with the baby. I had them in my first pregnancy...not so much in this one. Those sound really scary! Mother Nature can be so unfair. Just when we really need to be stocking up on sleep, we have to pee every few hours and then bad dreams keep us up. No fair!

Hugs to you. I think it's totally normal.

psophia17
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I consistenly dreamt that I delivered puppies during my thrid trimester with DS. I had other weird dreams, but nothing that really stands out. I think it had to do with waking up so often to go to the bathroom rather than with hormones or stress (although both played a part, I'm sure), because usually you don't wake up easily while dreaming. But that could just be me :P

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-07-2006, 01:28 AM
I had a sexual dream about Kevin Federline, does not get much more bizarre (or gross) than that. yuck.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

momto2boys
05-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I had an equally bizarre (and gross) dream where I was smooching with the adult 'Peter Brady' - ewww!!!

Kathy

DS #1 - 12/05
DS #2 - 11/03
DS #3 - edd 7/06

buddyleebaby
05-07-2006, 11:05 AM
LMAO!

Sillygirl
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I had scary, creepy dreams too while PG. I figured they were my brain's way of preparing for stress and emergencies, kind of a "test-run."

kijip
05-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Let's see here. While pregnant I had two recurring, bizarre dreams:

-In one my evil FIL was SNEAKING into my apartment and stuffing ice chips in my vanilla ice cream. A total WTF!!!??? dream for sure. And in the drem I WAS SO mad about it. ROTFLMAO.

-In another, I gave birth at term but to a teeny tiny baby. Totally heathly but the size of a beanie baby. Again, WTF?!

It is totally hormones. I never had many vivid dreams before or after. Hope all goes well as your pregnancy winds down.

JBaxter
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I had 2 different reoccurring dreams when I was pregnant
1. I dreamed that I was swimming under water but could breath and didnt have to come up for air ???

2. I had put the baby someplace but could remember where I put him.

BaileyBea
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I dreamed that I was being attacked by a giant Black Pegusus horse and a tiger.

This was one week before DS arrived but I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs and just about gave DH a heart attack. So wierd!!!!

maestramommy
05-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh yes! In my third trimester I had a dream that I kept dropping DD no matter how much I tried to hold her properly. She never hit the ground (I don't think) but it was like she was covered in oil and kept slipping out of my arms. It was terrifying because we live on the 2nd floor, and before DD was born I kept thinking what if I tripped and went down while holding her (the stairway is steep).

It probably is hormones, but maybe also repressed anxiety that is released when you're asleep. Can you try some relaxation techniques (meditation, yoga, prayer) during the day?

VClute
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
I can beat that - my best sex dream while pregnant starred RODNEY DANGERFIELD! He was wearing old-man pj's and everything. Ugh!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

tina-t
05-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Wanted to edit my original post but could not figure it out. Just wanted to clarify that I tried talking to DH (not ds) and DH refuses to listen to these dreams. Don't blame him though.

tina-t
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks ladies. I am glad to know that I am not the only one having strange dreams. I am trying to relax during the day though.

psophia17
05-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I can add a new one to the list this morning.

When DH woke me up this morning, he said in the middle of the night I started talking about rooftop parking, some guy stuffed in the trunk, and that Bob wasn't with us.

We don't know anyone named Bob...