PDA

View Full Version : OT: graphics help needed

psophia17
05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
A few short weeks ago, when there were moving smileys, I could see the animation. Now, I can't, including for my beloved banana-dancing smiley. He stands still :(

Does anyone know why this might be, and what I can do to fix it? TIA!

Jo..
05-07-2006, 07:31 PM
The following instructions assume you are using Internet Explorer. If not, let me know what browser you are using and I can probably help.

Go to the top tool bar where it says:

File Edit View Favorites Tools Help

pick "Tools".

At the very bottom of the tools list is
"Internet Options": click it

There are "tabs" across the top of the box that pops up. The farthest on the right says "advanced". Click it.

Scroll down a little over half way to the "multimedia" section. Put a check in the box next to where it says "Play animations in web pages". Click ok or apply. That should do it. Say hello to your old friend Mr. Dancing Banana!

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif

ETA you may need to hit the "refresh" icon at the top of your screen in order to see him start him dancing again after you've checked the box.

psophia17
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank You!!!!

I've been strugging with my PC for the past three hours - it wouldn't hook up to the net (Oh No!), but now that I got that fixed, I'm so glad I could also fix the animations! I wonder how they got turned off in the first place...hmmmmmmmm.....

Jo..
05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
DH said it could have been a program you installed (likely), spyware (likely), a virus (less likely if you run anti-virus software), or your husband :P!

psophia17
05-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Hmmm...right after I switched the setting, my DSL started going on the fritz...perhaps it's all related...