PDA

View Full Version : Q about lasik on one eye

wendmatt
05-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know anything about only having surgery on one eye? I had both of mine done about 7 years ago and it has been fabulous. DH has been scheduled but they are talking about only doing one eye as they say it's less surgery and only one eye is dominant to see long distances. He's worried he won't be able to see properly and will be feeling like falling over! He got bifocals a few months ago and just couldn't get on with them so went back to his old glasses and he thinks having one eye will be like wearing bifocals.
Anyone have just one eye done or know anything about it?
Thanks

nfowife
05-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Both my in-laws have had one eye done for exactly the reason you describe. They had their eyes done at a top eye center (baskin-palmer, sure I'm not spelling it correctly though, in Miami, FL). Both have been extremely pleased with their results!

dr mom
05-09-2006, 09:32 AM
It's called monovision, and I know a couple of people who've had it done and were pretty happy with the results. I think it would be easier to adjust to than bifocals because you aren't looking through a "transitional line" in your glasses - one eye sees distance, one eye sees near vision, but both work together to give you perspective and three-dimensional vision.