PDA

View Full Version : Questions about grills

marit
05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
I was eyeing the Kirkland grill at Costco yesterday... Can anyone tell me about the maintenance of a stainless steel grill vs. the enameled one? I am looking for something that is easiest to clean and maintain. Also, do you need to oil it before you put the meat on?

Any advice for the clueless me, would be appreciated! We need a new grill!

Marit

BillK
05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
As far as the inside grill surface goes you don't need to do anything special to it more than using a grill brush and some water in a spray bottle to keep it clean regularly.

The outside is a bit more tricky - there's various levels of stainless steel quality - and some will rust - some will not - my Char Broil has some small rust spots here and there and it makes me crazy - but I suppose ultimately it's still tons better than a regular old grill as far as holding up goes.

momma_boo
05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Do you mean the grates? I think the stainless ones are supposed to be better than the enameled ones.

We have stainless grates in our weber grill and they are very easy to maintain. I don't recall ever oiling the grates before cooking on them. Maybe if it's fish I might put a little oil.

Easiest way to keep the grates clean - keep the grill on for 5-10 minutes after you are done cooking with the lid shut. This burns whatever food particles are left. Then you just brush it off.

marit
05-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes, I meant the grates. Thank you.