PDA

View Full Version : Mommy necklace- to keep or return?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
I ordered myself this necklace from Helen Ficalora and am not sure I am bowled over for the price. What do you think, honestly?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/goodtastenomoney/IMG_1251.jpg
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

annasmom
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I really like it, but, I don't know how much you paid for it! That would probably make a difference to me too. Could you return it, it seems customized just for you? It does seem like something you could wear often.

elliput
05-09-2006, 01:37 PM
I checked out the price list on Helen Ficalora's website. I'd say it's nice, but not that nice. YKWIM? :-) Hard to tell by your picture though, some things just don't photograph well.

dhano923
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I like the necklace but I wouldn't have paid that much for the charms to begin with (I also looked up the prices). I do think the charms look the same as they do on the website though, so I think you got what you ordered, if that makes sense. But I personally wouldn't pay so much for such simple charms.

nfowife
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Unless you *adore* it, I'd return it for the price. There are copies of the HF jewelry at mommyjewelry.com, they have silver (and gold, but it's not much cheaper if at all for the gold) if you want the look without the price.

jesseandgrace
05-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I looked for the price and found the price of everything except these charms, wierd! However, I think this jewelry is really beautiful, very simple and very tastefull. I like it and for me this is the nicest "mom" jewelry I've ever seen. I really find some other stuff tacky, and this isn't at all. But, if you don't like it I think you should send it back.

LBW
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I've seen this necklace on a few celebs - in photo and video and love how it looks on. I like how the charms just fall together. How do you like it when you are wearing it?

g-mama
05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Susan,

I like it and I don't know the price, but I have something pretty similar that dh got for me from Red Envelope after ds3 was born. I have it in silver because that's what I wear but it comes in gold also and is not very expensive. (Don't know why this link is so LONG!)

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=18440&BV_SessionID=@@@@1645502204.1147222026@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdhaddhjkfmkjjcefecefedfgfdfmf.0&refPg=%2fproduct_display%2fgift_results.jsp&bct2=recipient&bcp2=1&bcm2=1%24%24-8070&bct4=for+mother&bcp4=3&bcm4=1%24%24-8075&bct5=jewelry+%2B+accessories&bcp5=4&bcm5=29$$%2Frecipient%2Ffor+mother%2Fjewelry+%2B+a ccessories@@30$$-8110@@35$$8110&catOid=-8110&oid=14815745&nc2=1

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

trumansmom
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I love it. I was hoping to get a similar one for Mother's Day, but it looks like I'm getting a bike instead. Cool gift, but it will look funny hanging around my neck.

I would love to see a picture of it on, though. My birthday is in July. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Wife_and_mommy
05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I like the Red Envelope one better myself. I think I'm going to get one. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Toba
05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I love them, and have had my eye on them for a few weeks. I had planned on getting the same exact chain you got, an N for my son and an R for my husband, plus the same tiny flower charm you got. I liked that they were so simple. Maybe it's just too many charms? Can we see a pic of them on you? I think it would depend on how they "lay" on your neck/chest ... plus I'd really appreciate seeing it just for my own decision. I'm pleasantly surprised with how MUCH they look like their actual website. I still think they're beautiful! :)

BeachBum
05-10-2006, 06:57 AM
I too would like to see it on you. Do the charms move on the necklace? The red envelope ones look fixed and I'm wondering if the HF are the same?
I couldn't find the charm prices either. Are they about $200 each?
I really, really like the charms, but I would need to see it on you to decide if it's a keeper.

annasmom
05-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Susan, o.k., so I finally figured out how to check the prices, and it is really expensive, *but* I really like it. And, I like it better than the ones on Red Envelope or mommyjewelry. Do you like the way it looks on you? I really like the delicate, simple and unpolished (as opposed to the high polish look of the one on Red Envelope) look of it. But that is just me.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Can someone tell me how to see the price list, please? I am thinking of ordering the initials with pave diamonds but have no idea how much they cost. The ones I ordered were around $105 each, the white gold is about $10 more than the yellow. I will try to take a picture with it on next time I am presentable (June??) Have decided I do not like the one that says mom at all. When this is on they all lie together so it doesn't look like a lot of charms. I am starting to like it more, have not bought anything for myself in a year. Missing the days I did not have to worry about breaking the budget, ughh! It does look really good with just one charm on it.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

annasmom
05-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Susan, on the website go to ordering information. At the top of the page it will have 2006 Prices (or something like that), underneath THAT it will have the items listed, e.g., Initial Charms (I don't really remember how it is worded). You click on the item to get the price list. I must say, I never knew about this site, but I *think* I know what I am asking for after our new baby is born, lol! Keep me posted on what you end up doing because I don't want to do charm overload!

jeminaal
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
If you're not in love with it, I'd return it and look for something you know you'll wear all the time.

By the way, I have a mommy necklace from these guys and I absolutely love it! The quality of their charms and necklaces is excellent and you can get it in either silver or gold:

http://www.lucyann.com/

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

manda7_23
05-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Well i simply adore these charms. I love the simple, clean design, but that's how i tend to dress also. I personally think they would look better on a simple gold chain, JMO. The Red Envelope ones are too "fancy" looking for me. I have seen the HF initial charms with the diamond letter and they are beautiful, and have a fancier look to them, yet still clean looking KWIM? I have these on my list for my birthday!

Amanda

kelly ann
05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I love those Jeanette...especially the Windows charms. Off to forward it to DH :)

tina-t
05-10-2006, 04:22 PM
It does look very classy, simple and pretty, imho. However, if you are not too happy with it, go ahead and return it and get something that you really like.