PDA

View Full Version : ORLANDO shopping question

jamsmu
05-09-2006, 01:20 PM
We'll be staying around Seaworld and have decided that rather than buying a stroller at home, we'll buy one down there--so we won't have the hassle of having it on the first flight. So... I need boutique recommendations. I've decided on the Combi Twin Savvy. (I used to have a MacTT, but its gone and its a terrible long story. I need to replace it and don't want to spend more than $200, so I chose this one.)

ANYONE??? PLEASE???

kijip
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.combi-intl.com/locator/index.htm

You could put in the hotel's zip code in the Combi Store Locator. Or you could order online (cheaper deals) and have it mailed directly to the hotel. I usually see the Combi Twin Savvy for more than $200.

bubbaray
05-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Marilyn at arunningstroller.com will ship to hotels in Orlando. I know she does that for the WDW Marathon. And, I asked her about that when we were considering taking a trip to FL last year.

I would give Marilyn a call. She might have a StrollerQueen discount on something.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

jd11365
05-09-2006, 05:03 PM
That's what I would do. We don't have much in the way of stroller boutiques here locally. I got mine at arunningstroller as well. Marilyn is great and I'm sure she'll ship it right to the hotel, which is probably even better than schlepping out to buy one. It will be there ready and waiting for you. I'd even have her ship it the day before you arrive, so it's definitely there for you.

Twin Mom
05-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Julie - Unless you are buying a used one or on ebay, I don't think you'll be able to get a Combi Twin Savvy for $200 or less. They are generally closer to $300. Sorry :-( If you do find one, you are getting a great deal.

jerseygirl07067
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I live in Orlando, and was unable to find ANYONE in town who sold the twin Combi strollers, or had them in immediate stock. The boutiques all sold Pegs, and suffice to say not many other brands. This was about a year ago, when I was on the hunt for a lightweight twin stroller before Julia was born. I wound up just getting the Peg Aria Twin because I couldn't see any other ones in person. (Also, she surprised me and came 5 weeks early, so I had to just get what I could find)

Very disappointing for a small city, since there is very good shopping here overall :)

Funny thing, I actually called Marilyn's Running stroller store 2 or 3 times, and never got a call back. I also drove out there one day since my friend doesn't live far away, and her store was closed in the middle of the day! Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I was pretty disappointed with her store and service because of this. I imagine if you actually get her on the phone, you can get the stroller delivered very quickly.

PM me if you have any questions, and maybe there are a few local retailers who now carry them, but as of a year ago, there were not.

Marcy