PDA

View Full Version : Live near an IKEA? Please help me!

american_mama
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I really, really need an IKEA catalog and they no longer mail them out. It's a total pain to use the online catalog, since I need to check measurements, colors, prices, and then compare all of the above for numerous items. I wish IKEA would just allow customers to buy a catalog and then mail it; I'd pay for the darn thing. So, can anyone do this for me? I'll pay anywhere from $5 to $10, depending on what you think is fair for shipping and your time. THANKS!

I feel like boycotting IKEA because of their idiocy about this. A gazillion of their customers live far from the stores and plan special trips to buy mega stuff, but we WANT THE CATALOG before we can justify the jaunt.

psophia17
05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I guess the Cdn version of the catalog won't do you much good - I have a spare copy, too. Phooey.

kep
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Actually, my brother was able to find the (hidden) spot on their website to request a catalog for me, just a month ago. I'll check and see if I can remember where it was! (Unless they've *just* changed their policy... Hmmmm. )

kep
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, man! You're totally right. If we swing by there soon, I'll definately pick one up for you. I can't gaurentee when we'll get over there, but I would imagine sometime soon. :)

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (4.2003)

http://lilypie.com/pic/060417/csSG.jpg http://b4.lilypie.com/G0VTm4.png

sadie_beth_1124
05-09-2006, 04:19 PM
The current catalog (and its prices) expires at the end of June, that's probably why they won't send them out anymore (although they are still handing them out in-store). If you can wait it out, I'm sure you'll be able to get the new edition in a month or so.

FWIW, I live about 45 minutes from one, and was there less than 2 weeks ago. They had a LOT of new stuff that is not in the current catalog, and were no longer carrying some items that I remembered from my last visit in October.

But if you still need a catalog ASAP, I may be going back soon. I need a shelf to match the desk I just bought :) plus baby needs a dresser & you can't beat their prices.

kaylinsmommy2
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Our IKEA has been out of cataloges for months now. They don't have them in our store any more. I'd bet that is true for most other stores. If anyone is going to make a trip out to get one for you, see if they can call first to find out whether or not their IKEA actually has cataloges in stock.

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

american_mama
05-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Kelli and anyone else:

I would like the catalog asap even if it expires in June. I could have sworn in the past that the catalogs went until August. In the past few months, I have tried several times to order one from their website. The whole darn website is offline half the time (really... I actually think it gets hacked in some way)... one time after requesting a catalog I got a ridiculous form email response that said I could easily swing by the store and pick up a catalog... duh, not when I am two hours away... and once I think I actually found a form to maybe request a catalog, but it wasn't working. Really, I have TRIED.

So, if anyone can get a catalog, yes I want one, even if their merchandise is in a state of flux.

Piglet
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I too have a Canadian one. I can send it your way, but the prices would be wrong. My email is segal dot marina at gmail dot com if you would like to give me your mailing address.

cuca_
05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Karen, I have a 2006 catalog that I would be happy to send you. Send me a PM through the boards with your address if you still need it.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

american_mama
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Cheryl (caheinz) is sending me her catalog. Thanks! Our basement was just finished last week and we are trying to match some existing IKEA furniture and fill an awkward and necessary space in our new bathroom, which is why I need the catalog so much.

sadie_beth_1124
05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Ah, well good luck! :)
When it comes to matching their furniture... you really can't go anywhere else. I love my desk finish!

Have fun!