PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Roomba Scooba?

mastry
05-10-2006, 10:29 AM
If so, do you like it? I have the Roomba Discovery and I love it, but was wondering if the Scooba really does what it says it does...

brittone2
05-10-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't have one but I've seen several reviews lately on it. It seems like it does an okay job...it sometimes leaves a little water behind that is best wiped up ASAP. The articles also mentioned you have to use a very specific floor cleaner (although I know my steamcleaner says the same thing and I just use a little vinegar in it from time to time and skip the "required" cleaner.

The other thing I've seen mentioned is that you still have to fill/empty it, so it isn't as self cleaning as the Roomba. I know I hate filling and emptying our regular steam vac but don't mind the actual steam cleaning as much as the filling/emptying.

Hopefully you'll get some reviews of people that have used it first hand. I just have happened to read 2 or 3 different reviews in random places lately so I thought I'd mention what I remembered.

kristine_elen
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
My friend has one and raves about it. She said the first time they used it, the water they dumped out was black. (And they are pretty clean, meaning it did a great job.) There's no way I'd pay $400, or whatever they are, for this product. $100 maybe.