PDA

View Full Version : Any funny/cute/sweet stories of late?

Judegirl
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Hiya. :) I've been popping in now and again and haven't seen one of these threads in awhile. I really miss hearing about everyone's kids and the stuff they're doing, so pretty please share!

My items of the month are:

- Rory's been singing all of her songs while starting each word - or sometimes syllable - with a "T" or a "P" - so "Can't Help Falling in Love" is, on a whim: "Pies pen pay ponly pools pussssh pin, putt pie pan't pelp..." She gets a huge kick out of this. It's very, very funny.

- She recently asked me, with a runny nose, if she could have "Some milk to go with my boogies?" Hmmm.

And just today, she spilled milk on her table and this upset her...it went like this:

Rory: Milk spilled! All over the table!
Mommy: It's okay..we'll just clean it up.
Rory: Sleepy-Bear was drinking and it spilled.
Mommy: That's okay. Maybe Sleepy-Bear wants to help clean it up; would that make him feel better?

She gives Sleepy-Bear a cloth and tries to get him to clean it. The cloth falls to the floor, she drops Sleepy-Bear, and she shakes her head and says,

"Sleepy-Bear's clowning around. Rory will clean it."

ROFL.

I really really want to know what all of your cuties are doing these days...please tell!

Best,
Jude

Momof3Labs
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Good to see you, Jude! Wow, those are some language skills at 2 years old!

I was playing "This Little Piggy" with Logan the other day using the words we all know:

This little piggy went to market
this little piggy stayed home
this little piggy had roast beef
this little piggy had none
and this little piggy went weee-weee all the way home

Colin joined in, and developed his own variation:

This little piggy went to Boston Market
this little piggy went to Target
this little piggy went to Jewel
this little piggy went to Walgreens
and this little piggy went weee-weee all the way home

No, he doesn't spend too much time running errands with us...

megs4413
05-10-2006, 04:54 PM
DD is just 13 months today, but she has found a new game she likes....

In an attempt to get her not to eat all the lint and debris on the floor, we taught her to say, "Ucky" and hand it to Mommy so Mommy could throw it away. I always say, "thank you" very excitedly when she takes whatever it is out of her mouth and hands it to me when we say "Ucky" and that worked pretty well there for awhile. But now she goes all around the living room hunting for little "uckies" to hand to mommy so mommy will say thank you and throw it away. this is how it goes:

Maddie walks to the nearest speck of lint or dirt or old cookie. Bends down and picks it up. Looks at me and says, "Ucky." and sticks her little hand out for me to come grab it from her. When I go to grab it, SHE says, "tay-goo". Which in Maddie speak is Thank You. It's really cute but it can get tiresome after the fifth or sixth ucky. It always makes me feel like I should vaccum more too...

psophia17
05-10-2006, 05:01 PM
DS has taken to feeding my bellybutton goldfish, raisins, and any other small foodstuff he happens to have. It's very cute, but...ummm...I don't like it much.

He also has ear boogies - I'm not sure where he came up with it, but after bathtime when we clean his ears, he always asks if he has ear boogies. Then, when I or Dh says no, DS says "yes, this ear, this ear" turning his head back and forth.

Apparently, he thinks he has ear boogies...

Saartje
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
>"Sleepy-Bear's clowning around. Rory will clean it."

I love this — it had me cracking up.

Ishy found a copy of National Georgraphic the other day. He sat down and looked through it carefully, page by page. I noticed as he was close to the end, and said, "What are you reading, Isaac?"

He closed the magazine, showed me the toothy sea-monster on the front cover, and said, "Grar!" I don't know where he learned that.

He's also decided that he wants to wear his lightweight jacket nearly all the time. Outside, inside, to bed... if he notices the closet it hangs in and realizes he hasn't worn his jacket that day, he opens the closet and won't stop pointing at the jacket until I put it on him. I'm not sure what that's about; my sister thought it was a signal we'd go outside, but I think it's his shoes he associates with that. I'm thinking he may have just decided orange is his favorite color, especially given the attention he paid to a woman with a bright orange hairband today.

mudder17
05-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh my gosh, I REALLY miss your posts! These are hilarious and I am totally shaking my head at the amazing language skills of this kid! :)

I'm waaaay too tired to think of anything right now, but here are some of the things Kaya is up to:

1) During our vacation in Alabama, she decided she did not want to wear diapers while around the house, so she was wearing underwear a lot. The rule was that if she peed in her underwear, then we put on a diaper. She peed a couple of times in her underwear and had to put on a diaper, but she actually did very well. She also pooped in her underwear once, but she managed to say "poop" and then it happened. The rest of the time, she managed to do it in the potty. And she pooped twice in the potty! I was VERY excited. :) When we got home, she still didn't want to wear diapers, so she either wore underwear or her swim suit diaper (she likes that thing for some reason). She pooped once in her swim diaper yesterday, but she also has made it a couple times in the potty. She is so funny as she goes around saying, "No peeing in underwear, no peeing in swim suit, no peeing on the floor, no peeing on mommy...."

Anyway, no idea if this means she's getting close to potty training (except for sleep times) or if she's just in a phase, but I'm hopeful that she might PT before November, so I only have to wash diapers for 1 baby instead of 2. In fact, if she fully trains except for night time, that won't be so bad because I can toss her night time dipes in with the baby's.

2) She's developing a sense of humor although probably not as sophisticated as Rory. But it's fun to watch her make jokes and try to make me laugh.

3) She just got her Kiddio Trike and she loves that thing. Her legs are a tiny bit short but if she holds the steering wheel straight, she can pedal. And she's doing a good job of turning left or right or making it straight as we tell her to. Oh yes, she does know her left and right.

4) She's singing a bit more, but it's so funny how she'll jump from one song to the next. She might start with Twinkle, Twinkle, move to Row, Row your Boat, flip over to some Signing Time songs, and go to Rock-a-bye Baby. And you should hear her sing the ABC song. It's pretty hilarious.

5) She knows most of the alphabet, either by sign or just by recitation and she recognizes some of them. There are also a few letters where she will say, "D is for doggie, D is for Daddy, too." The "too" just totally cracks me up. She also knows 1-20, although she tends to skip 14 and 15. I have no idea why.

6) She can button buttons and her favorite clothing of late has been either her "button dress" or her "button shirt", both of which are long sleeved and button all the way down the front. It's getting a bit warm for them, but she loves them all the same. :)

7) We are now working on the 24 piece floor puzzles and it's so interesting to watch her understanding of how it works grow in phases. She loves the two I've given to her because they both have Thomas on them. :)

8) Oh, she'll talk about the baby in my tummy and then say, "Kaya see baby?" So I show her my ticker and say that's what the baby looks like. ;)

I guess these are some of the things Kaya has been up to lately. Nothing especially funny/cute/sweet, but I'm too tired to think of any. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

Wife_and_mommy
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
I've missed your Rory stories too! Thanks for sharing.

Okay. I actually remember a couple: We all went shopping last week and i tried on a skirt. I came out to show DH and DD shouts: "Oh CUTE, Mama!"

#2: DD got down from the dinner table, grabs a book, runs to DS and starts "reading" to him in his bouncy. It was too sweet for words!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

BaileyBea
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Okay Curt is a late talker, but he's starting to sign back to us now. He's teething and hardly ate a thing on Monday. DS crawls over to the pantry notices that the door is open, grabs his Cheerios Box (note: not the other 2 types of cereal we have in the pantry) and walks over to DH who is drying dishes.

He drops the box at DH's feet and does the "More" sign!

We were cracking up. I guess he wanted Cheerios and not a bean and cheese quesadilla for dinner. Who knew?

Not a big cute wordy funny but give DS another year. ;-)

ETA: to fix misspelling

trumansmom
05-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Hmmm...

A couple of weeks ago DD started running from wherever she was across the room and sticking her finger up my nose. Neat, huh? Then one day I realized she was picking her nose and if upon inspection of her finger she had found something, THEN she would run across the room. :( Apparently she thought I didn't have enough of my own or something.

She's also going through an intense naked phase. Sometimes this can be averted if we just let her change her clothes. I've now learned I have to have spare clothing in the diaper bag or she *will* be naked in public. We went through three shirts at the Care Bears Live show today! Thank goodness she was happy with her pants.

Whenever DS and I have a big tickle fight I often gnaw on his arms or legs. The other day we were having a tickle fight in the yard and he started screaming, "Bite me! Bite me!" It just sounded weird.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

mamato1
05-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Love these threads! My Ds told his first joke tonight. It went a little something like this:

Me: Brendan we are going to go to Culvers tonight. What do you want to eat?
Brendan: Strawberry toast?
Me: Strawberry toast, is that what you want? They do not have that at Culver's
Brendan: Me know mommy, strawberry toast FUNNY, I want hangerber, french fries and kepitch. Brendan funny!

He then belly laughed the whole rest of the way there saying Brendan funny and and when we got there and met my DH for dinner he says," Daddy me say joke," and starts laughing all over again.

He has a total obsession with musical instruments and while we are listening to music he will say things like, "Mommy, that's not oboe that's contra bassoon" Thank God for the library and books so that I can pretend to know what these instruments are.

I was talking to a good friend on the phone tonight and asked her if she would support me when DS is older and is a musician or comedian and very poor and dating girls I do not approve of. She thought I might be jumping the gun with my worries. Me, I am not so sure! :)
Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

juliasmom05
05-11-2006, 06:28 AM
DH plays the oboe and he would be the first to agree with you ;-).

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

Moneypenny
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh, I love these threads!!

DD has started counting - it goes two, five, six, fourteen, eighteen. At least she has them in the right order, LOL.

When gramma comes to visit, she plays the piano for Avery. Every once in a while Aves will say "Gamma piano" and VERY seriously sway and move her arms like she's playing the piano. Then she claps and says "Nice gamma!!!!"

She heard the Piggly Wiggly jingle on TV (Piggly Wiggly...shop the pig!) and she loves to sing it. It goes "iggaligglyiggalwiggla...PIG!!!!"

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

octmom
05-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Good to see you, Jude! Happy belated birthday, Rory! These stories are making me smile. :)

This morning, DH and Sean were playing in the living room while I was feeding Katie in my bedroom. DH told me about something funny that Sean did while they were playing. Apparently, Sean unscrewed a switch from a lamp after turning it on and off a bunch. DH was screwing it back in place and had the lamp cradled in the crook of his arm like a baby. DH said that Sean came over to him, gently patted the lampshade, and said, "It's OK light. You're just tired." :)

As for cute things Katie does, well, everything she does right now is cute. :) She gives us some winning smiles and her whole face lights up. That melts my heart. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

octmom
05-11-2006, 10:17 AM
LOL, Jeanne! Considering how many times I have used the phrase, "Bite me," when I am annoyed, this one really cracks me up. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

newnana
05-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for starting this thread and thanks everyone for sharing! I love these stories!

DD will be 1 this weekend and I can't believe it. As soon as either DH or I pick her up, she will give us a really hard hug and then pat us on the back.

DH will stick out his hand and say, "gimme five." DD will give a huge, toothy grin (she already has 8 and is working on 6 more, poor thing), then gently places her hand in his and starts to belly laugh.

This morning DD did her first sign! I've been waiting on this one a while, but it took a blueberry yogurt obsession to get her to start using "more." She did it 3 times!

I'm not sure if this is her first joke or not. DD knows Da-Da (sometimes Dad) and Ma-Ma (see my previous excited thread). Every once in a while she will point at me and say, "Da-Da" and start cracking up. I don't know if she thinks it's a joke or that she's asking for her good time Daddy.

I could go on and on. Thanks!
Michelle

hobey
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
>5) She knows most of the alphabet, either by sign or just by
>recitation and she recognizes some of them. There are also a
>few letters where she will say, "D is for doggie, D is for
>Daddy, too." The "too" just totally cracks me up. She also
>knows 1-20, although she tends to skip 14 and 15. I have no
>idea why.
>
I'll trade you the 14 & 15 for a 13 & 16. :) DS counts to 20 but always skips 13 & 16 but his favorite has to be, "Fibe, pour, tee, two, one, ZEWO!!!"

He'll grab his favorite books, sit down next to us and "read"/recite the story. What boggles my mind is that he gets the pages/storyline correct.

For those They Might Be Giants fans, his favorite song is Violin so we normally hear him singing, "Violin, lin, lin. Violin, lin, lin. OH. Echo, hippo, hippo, hippo. Peck of dust, dust, dust...." Now he's replacing words in the song with whatever his cool word of the day is but still keeping the tune.

In the car, this is what we hear. "Now green light. Now lello, Now red. TUNNEL! TUNNEL! TUNNEL!"

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

mudder17
05-11-2006, 01:22 PM
>In the car, this is what we hear. "Now green light. Now lello, Now red. TUNNEL! TUNNEL! TUNNEL!"

Hee, hee, hee!!! I'm guessing you have a traffic light just before you enter a tunnel on a daily basis? Kaya started talking about "cars in the way" and "stop" whenever I stopped the car and "go" whenever I started. I was telling her that red meant stop and green meant go and yellow meant slow down, but then I realized that because she's still rearfacing, she's probably never paid attention to traffic lights. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!