PDA

View Full Version : Help me with DS's Birthday invites

JacksMommy
05-11-2006, 10:21 PM
We're doing a costume party theme and I'd love some feedback on the invite. The current plan is to have it on a flat card with the pictures on the front and text on the back. Any thoughts are much appreciated! I'm especially feeling stuck on the wording of the invite - would love something clever but that's not really my domain. Excuse the lack of centering on the text, I quickly turned it into a JPEG from word and don't have time to futz with it.

TIA!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33414.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33415.jpg

cara1
05-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I LOVE it! And may copy your costume party idea for DS next year!

megs4413
05-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Check this one out...a little over the top, but if you have the energy....

"Invitations: We used file folders and wrote Mission #4 CONFIDENTIAL in red pen on the outside. Inside the file folder was the following papers: (paper 1) Attention All Super Heros Use your special mirror to decode this urgent message (I printed the following on a transparancy and then cut it out and copied it backwords on the invite) Please meet all super hero friends on July 31st at _____ Rd in CITY to help complete a mission. MISSION: Catch the villian responsible for Alex's missing birthday cake. (the following was not backwords and was in normal font) Since this mission is only semi-classified, this message will hopefully not self-destruct. Feel free to wear your super hero costume as the location of the event will ensure identitied remain secure. Please confirm your assistance in solving this mission by calling ----. (paper 2) To get to the confidential location follow these directions. (I then made a map and directions) (paper 3) A super hero coloring page The invitations were put in the white letter sized enevelopes that have First Class written around them in green. (These ones were actually cheaper than the plain brown ones.) "

Sounds like a lot to me but I guess it would make them feel pretty neat!

I really liked the pictures of DS dressed up...I think it would be neat to have the pictures on front and the info on back. Maybe you could word it like, "Calling all heros! Jack needs your help to capture the theif who stole his birthday cake!" or something.....What fun this will be! I have never wanted a boy until just now thinking about him running around in a cape and saving the day! I hope you guys have a blast!

Wife_and_mommy
05-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm not much help w/ creativity but the pics are fabulous! :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

JacksMommy
05-12-2006, 01:59 PM
The secret mission is such a cool invitation idea! I'm not sure I have the energy to carry the whole thing out through the party, but I had been thinking of a treasure hunt so that would be a fun thing to find - the birthday cake!

Thanks for the suggestions on wording as well. I'd love to tweak what you wrote to include costumes other than heros - we have a lot of little girls coming and I know they will be more into animal costumes, etc...

this board is so great for creative suggestions! Thanks ladies!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

JacksMommy
05-12-2006, 01:59 PM
The secret mission is such a cool invitation idea! I'm not sure I have the energy to carry the whole thing out through the party, but I had been thinking of a treasure hunt so that would be a fun thing to find - the birthday cake!

Thanks for the suggestions on wording as well. I'd love to tweak what you wrote to include costumes other than heros - we have a lot of little girls coming and I know they will be more into animal costumes, etc...

this board is so great for creative suggestions! Thanks ladies!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Tondi G
05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe something like...

Come one come all, it's a costume party
Jack is turning FOUR!
Join us for a celebration
with dress-up games and More!

Saturday June __
at __ o'clock

Lunch and cake will be served
costumes are encouraged
RSVP to my mom @

I love this site for inspiration on birthday party ideas!!!!

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/party_ideas.html

Hth's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

JacksMommy
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Tondi, that's a wondrous website - SO much information. Thanks!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

Tondi G
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
yeah it can get almost overwhelming sometimes and makes me feel like a boring mom for not planning game after game for parties! Some of those moms go ALL OUT! WOW! It gives lots of good ideas though! Have a great time!

~Tondi