PDA

View Full Version : year end gifts for preschool teachers???

Tondi G
05-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I definetly want to give a gift to the teachers at DS's preschool. Their are 4 main teachers, and Aid and then the extra teachers... dance, Karate, Drama, etc.

Since DS will be leaving for Kindergarten in the fall I want to at least give each of the main teachers something nice. I don't want to just give them a mug filled with candy...KWIM! So what would be nice? for those of you who teach what have you gotten that you remember and really enjoyed/liked?

OH and one more thing. Mason recently told me he would like to give something to the school to remember him by.... what??!! Any ideas on what he could give to the school and the other kids he's leaving behind???? I was thinking maybe a sand and water table???

thanks
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

kedss
05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
I would check with the director of the school to see what they need, maybe a tricycle or balls for outside?

Maybe you can get his main teachers nice canvas bags for carrying supplies and gift certificates for restaurants or Barnes and Noble or a spa place?

lizajane
05-12-2006, 06:30 PM
a gift certificate to a nice lunch spot or a popular mall would be my first pick. i got a mall gift certificate as a christmas bonus one time and i was pretty excited.

i like the gift certificate idea because it is basically money, but you put in some effort. they will likely get several trinkets and you just can't be sure what is really useful to them.

jbowman
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
We got Ellie's teachers gift cards from Barnes and Noble. We did the same thing for the holidays. They really liked them!