PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a police officer

kcimato
05-13-2006, 02:45 PM
On Mon Detective Vicky Arnel, a Fairfax County Policewoman was shot and killed by a gunman outside of the Police Station in Chantilly VA. Today I was on my way to get some dog food and as I passed over a ramp I noticed a fire truck and police car parked on the overpass. Several people were parked there also. I remembered today was her funeral and they were going to pass by the station where she worked.I too got out of my car and waited for the procession. It took more than 45 minutes for it to pass by. A very nice tribute.

She leaves a husband and 2 small children. It's so sad she was buried the day before Mother's Day. Please pray for her family.

Also please keep all our law enforcemnet officers and active duty service members in your prayers.

kellyotn
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh, that's so sad. Her family will be in my thoughts, especially tomorrow.

HoneymoonBaby
05-13-2006, 04:10 PM
We live right near the station and thought the funeral must be today since there were helicopters hovering for about an hour. Prayers for all involved, that was a scary day last week.

g-mama
05-13-2006, 05:54 PM
We live nearby also and dh was driving on that road at the time and saw tons of police cars. So sad for that mother and her family. They're in my prayers.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

firstbaby
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
We live in this area as well and it is so very sad.

To the OP - we drove through an area similar to that today with fire trucks and police cars on an overpass - are you in the Gainesville area?

MamaKath
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Also in the area. Very sad! Such a tragedy for a community, for the family, but especially her children.

Tonight was the candle light vigil to honor officers who have fallen in the line of duty, held at the National Police Memorial in Washington, DC. We went in for a bit, though did not stay for the whole time. Very touching. Saw a grandma with a young girl wearing similar shirts. The grandma's read "In memory of my daughter..." and the little girl's "In memory of my mother..." Both had the same officer's photo. Prayers for all the fallen LE families tonight, and always prayers for the safety of LE and military!

Heroes live forever...
http://www.nationalcops.org/npw.htm
http://www.policeweek.org/

kcimato
05-13-2006, 08:27 PM
No, I live near Dulles Airport and was on Mcclaren road where they just built a new overpass. The procession started in Mclean went the toll road to rt 28 passsed the station ,on to I66 then on to Warrenton for her burial. So, they did pass thru Gainsville.

turtledove
05-14-2006, 10:35 AM
We are also in the area - this is so sad! I am thinking of her two young children on Mother's Day. Her family is in my prayers.

MMEand1
05-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I know first hand how difficult it can be to be involved in a police officer's death, as I was a police officer before I joined the military. My first partner (after I graduated from the police academy) was shot and killed along with the Captian of Patrol and his wife, a dispatcher. Several other officers that I worked with were also injured that night. It was one of our detectives that decided to take out the entire force. Fortunatly, he was captured before he was able to fully follow through.

One of my greatest fears was that I was not going to make it home each night. I was lucky. Many are not.

Please remember those in public service and all that they do each and every day.

Thank you to the OP for posting this.

Mariah P.

mamamayi
05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
My DH is a police officer, so every time we hear of a fallen or injured officer, we talk about it. Most of the time, I try not to think about how dangerous this job is for DH. He works 12-hour shifts, which I think is too long for this type of job (to stay alert and make good snap decisions), plus he works from 6p to 6a. My thoughts and prayers are definately with this family.