PDA

View Full Version : Muffin-top friendly shirts or tops

niccig
05-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi, I need to get a few new tops for summer, but because of the muffin top, they can't be too fitted. I do have a few shade/layers camis but it can get too hot in SoCal to layer. So, I'm looking for tops that can be worn without an undershirt. Of course, it needs to be cute. I'm in a bit of a rush, as I need them for a trip we're taking this week and don't have the time to shop around with DS in tow. So BBB fashionastas, what have you seen lately?

Thanks,
Nicci

MelissaTC
05-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I just got some cute t-shirts on sale at Ann Taylor Loft for $14.99 each. They cover my not so attractive belly!

dotgirl
05-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I saw some cute shirts - Vneck and crew neck - at Target this afternoon. Lots of cute colours, and they weren't all cap sleeve (grrr, I hate cap sleeves!) I believe they ran from $7.99 and up.

bostonsmama
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I love the Gap's Favorite Ts (in short sleeve-and long). You can go up a size so they're not as fitted. The thin stretch ones will show every ripple, bra strap and roll, IME, that's why I like the thicker fabric and looser-hang of the Gap FTs. I also have had great experience with Ralph Lauren Polos. The sleeve is much longer than Nautica versions. TJ Maxx has the ss versions in stock now. They hang nicely (loose) and obscure any "muffin-topping", although maybe some Spanx might help with that. I dunno...I have heard them recommended here many times but I just haven't hopped on that wagon yet. Sounds promising. I don't claim to know what it's like to have a post-baby belly, but I do have PCOS, which causes me to pack weight around my mid-section, so I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to MTing. :)

ETC perfect T to "favorite" T

Larissa

My-oh-my, we're doing it in July!

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

karolyp
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM
ITA...the Gap shirts are very very nice!!! I just love how strechy they are. They're perfect!

The Old Navy perfect T's are great too, just not as nice as the Gap ones.

npace19147
05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey Larissa, do you mean the ones that are called "favorite t's" on the gap site? I went looking for perfect t's and didn't find anything called that...am I missing something? Thanks!

bostonsmama
05-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Oops, yes. They all run together...favorite, perfect, wonderful...but I just looked at the shirt and inside the print says "Favorite." There's also no tag (it's printed), so it's double love at first sight! I'll fix the other post.

Larissa

My-oh-my, we're doing it in July!

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my brother and SIL on 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

npace19147
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks! Just double-checking b/c I think I need some and last time I bought the ones that are too stretchy...recently I saw a picture of myself in one and it wasn't pretty. :(