PDA

View Full Version : American Idol.....

buddyleebaby
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM
...sucks. I'm so disappointed.

trumansmom
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Really? You weren't surprised though, were you?

I'll have more to say after the West Coast folks are done. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

buddyleebaby
05-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I actually thought the one voted off had a shot at this point. In my opinion he had the best voice of the lot.
Now the only reason for me left to watch is to root against Katherine. I liked her at the beginning, but imo she has sang poorly way too many times in the last few weeks to deserve being in the top two. I think she has the junior high school girl vote locked up though. Taylor's hardly a heartthrob, lol. But he does seem like he genuinely enjoys being on the show.

ETC spelling errors (I was po'd) and to add more now that there is less risk of spoiling for our west coast mamas.

jeniferrlynne
05-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh my gosh. It just shows you how diverse America is. I am thrilled after tonights decision and am quite dissapointed this didn't happen last week as I thought I would. Well one never knows how America will vote.
Thought tonights show really makes me curious. I can't believe it was that close. Are you serious! I mean that seems so rigged to me. As much as I would like to believe it can be down to a few votes is that true?

lisams
05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I couldn't believe how close it was! Taylor is my second favorite (Chris was my first pick). Elliott is such a sweet guy. I'm sure he'll get a deal with someone.

trumansmom
05-17-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm a big Taylor Hicks fan. And as fabulous as Elliot's voice is, he's about as charasmatic as a piece of wheat toast, IMO. :) Katherine has a beautiful voice, but she just doesn't do it for me.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

KBecks
05-18-2006, 08:20 AM
My favorites were/are Chris and Katherine.

I'm quickly losing interest in the final, although I will probably watch it.

momma_boo
05-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Oh, sorry.

I have to admit though that DH and I both preferred Taylor and Katherine.

For the finals, I think we are both rooting for Taylor.
Katherine has a tendency to overdo it. Why do so many female vocals do that? Is it the Mariah affect or something?

mom to little e
05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
My sentiments exactly! I think Taylor is great and think I would actually enjoy seeing him perform. I had wanted Elliot to come in second because I thought he had a great voice. Kat is beautiful and can sing but did absolutely nothing for me.

Soul Patrol! :)

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

calv
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I want taylor to take it all. I'm really upset that Kat is in the top 2. I don't think she deserves it. She's forgotten her lyrics way too many times. This isn't a HS recital, it's serious business.

Not quite sure if she likes the glitz and glamor aspect more than the hard work. I wanted Elliott to be in the top 2 since he seemed more deserving and a genuinely nice person all around. Just my $.02. =) Wasn't it wild how close they all were? Amazing that the show received 50 million votes. That's nuts. I really hope Taylor wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on gals, you have to vote!!!!!!!!!!!

R2sweetboys
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed too but not completely surprised. I've always really liked Elliot because he seems like a genuinely nice guy and he has a great voice. As far as performance goes, he doesn't have the charisma that Taylor and Katherine have but I still enjoyed watching him. The other two were both a little over the top for me at times though they're both very talented and also seem like nice people. I'm guessing that Taylor will win. Like everyone else, I thought that Chris would take it all. Boy was that a shock when he left! I liked him a lot too but I've always had a soft spot for Elliot the underdog. :(
~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03