PDA

View Full Version : paypal fraud email question

bcky2
05-19-2006, 06:46 AM
yes all i finally got one of thoes fake paypal emails but thanks to all of you i knew it was fake. it is one of thoes your account will be closed in 72 hours if you dont respond. i tried to forward it to paypal like they say to do on their site and guess what, it says that it cant be forwarded!!! is there any other way to get it to paypal? i just want to delete it asap but not befor letting paypal have a copy. TIA.

eta: ok too weird i get the mail failure email a bit ago but now i just got an email from paypal thanking me for sending them the fake email that i got and the measures that they are taking to get rid of the problem and what i should do if i get more. ok i am confused, but at least they got it :)

newmomto3kids
05-19-2006, 07:01 AM
I know they need the header and so you can not just cut and paste it. I wonder why you can't forward it. I am no computer expert, but do you think it is your computer or the email itself that makes it "unforwardable"?
Every time I get one of those I think about all the people I know, who are even less computer/internet saavy than me and would willingly give out too much information. It makes me so mad!!
eta: Oh, I see you got it sorted out!! Yea!! :)

bcky2
05-19-2006, 07:13 AM
yep i am normally clueless when it comes to computer stuff and if i had never seen the mamas on this board post about stuff like this i would have followed that email and did what it told me to x( see i am learning stuff here all the time.

dhano923
05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I got a great email from "Paypal" yesterday. It told me that on the 20th of May 2006, I had some suspicious activity on my Paypal account and I should click the link to verify the activity. It guess they didn't notice that yesterday was only the 18th of May. LOL ;)

chiqanita
05-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh good catch!

Hey, I just got one of those emails from our bank, supposedly. I stopped in at the bank and they said they would never send an email like that to anyone, they would call in person. The email I rcvd said something like: "Your online banking has been put on hold due to several wrong password entries." They also wanted me to access a link to verify my info. Ooooh, scary stuff.

Keep your eyes open mommas.