PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a teddy bear ice pack??

Emmas Mom
05-20-2006, 10:48 PM
I heard about these but I don't know what they're called. Some sort of ice pack that either is attached to a teddy bear (or some sort of stuffed animal?) or that you insert into a stuffed animal. I need to get something that my DD will let me put on her head when she has a fever or bump cause regular ice packs just won't do it....she pushed them off. Anyone know what this thing is? Or have any other tips/tricks to letting them put something cold on their forehead (or on any bumps/bruises?

KrisM
05-20-2006, 11:07 PM
http://www.babybunz.com/shopping/category.php?mode=index&catid=8

There are Boo Boo Bunnies on this site. You put a plastic ice cube in a bunny.

buddyleebaby
05-21-2006, 12:53 AM
You can also make boo boo bunnies out of a washcloth. My dh did it for my shower all on his own. They are very cute and easy to make (I demanded he show me).

I know of soft ice packs in the shape of animals. We (growing up) had a boo boo bear. I've ssen them at wal-mart, I think.

jd11365
05-21-2006, 05:43 AM
I have one that came with a set of some kind. She doesn't want to use that either but wants to either push it away or play with it. I've also used fun shaped ice packs from Walmart. They're the size of a hockey puck. I got the smiley face one, but there are basket balls, baseballs, and others. I've laid a little washcloth over the area and laid this down over it. I got this idea from a parent when on a field trip when I was a teacher. She had boys and always kept a baby bottle sized cooler in her bag filled with a few of these when she took her boys to places like the park, field trips, etc.

HTH!