PDA

View Full Version : Worried too...Exposure to Coxsackie Virus (Hand/foot/mouth disease)

mommyagain
05-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Was anyone here exposed to this during pregnancy? Friends of my kids have it and we all spent time with them last week (a couple of days before they were symptomatic). My youngest may be coming down with it (too soon to tell- I should know by tomorrow.) The info I read online seems to be conflicting with regards to effects on a first trimester pregnancy. Anyone have any first-hand experience with this? (preferably good...)

cara1
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
We had it in my house when I was pregnant with DD. I was first trimester. I remember being freaked out and looking it up, and not finding much info. She turned out fine. :)

SweetTooth
05-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I work with children & was exposed while pregnant (can't remember which trimester). My OB said I was likely exposed & had antibodies. She wasn't concerned & everything turned out fine. I'd call your OB.

denna
05-25-2006, 01:20 AM
I was exposed to it during my pregnancy in my 2nd Trimester. However another employee at the day care center I worked at was also pregnant and she was 1st trimister. It was on a military base in a day care center and we were briefed by the Public Health clinic. They came in and said (like a PP said) that we already had the antibodies and there is nothing to worry about.
I called my OB to make sure and they said there is no adverse risk to this virus.

Hope this helps...and call your OB too just to reassure yourself :D

mommyagain
05-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Just got back from the ped's office and DD is definitely infected :(
I happen to be seeing my OB later today, but it's always good to hear good outcome stories :) Thanks!