PDA

View Full Version : Possible SPOILER: So did anyone watch Lost??

JMS
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************

This really isn't a spoiler b/c I'm really just posting to say that I'm more confused/frustrated by this mesmerizing series than I was before. I glanced at a Lost message board but that is so much to wade through, it's hard to get any real info. Anyone have any light bulbs go off that they want to share??
I really want to know what Libby's deal was? And all this new stuff w/ Desmond; he seems to have really become an important character all of a sudden. And what about Michael/Walt and the three captives?????

Share you thoughts please!!!

Corie
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
After watching the show last night, I turned to my
husband and said, "What the heck?"

That about sums it up!! :)

Edited to correct my profanity! (I didn't say "heck"!!)

annasmom
05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a really action-packed episode. I *guess* there were some questions answered, but I didn't expect all the flashbacks to Desmond's life, and I didn't expect Jack, Sawyer and Kate to get caught! I couldn't believe that Michael admitted to them that he had killed Ana Lucia and Libby.

Oh, and I missed the Libby/Desmond conversation if anyone is willing to fill me in (I had switched over to American Idol for a minute).

annasmom
O.k., "someone" got their little hands on my computer and now my keys are all stuck!!!

annasmom
sorry!

infocrazy
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Libby and Desmond met in some sort of cafe somewhere in the US. The short of it was that he needed a boat to race in a race run by his girlfriend's father to prove he was good enough I guess, Libby had a boat bought by her late husband and gave it to him. Libby seemed really down and well dressed. I think she probably suffered from a severe depression after the death of her husband and that's how she ended up in the mental ward with Hurley.

That was the boat that Desmond crashed on the island, I assume during the race.

I don't get the last part. I figure the girlfriend put a search on the boat but I don't get how they would find it based on the electomagnetic stuff.

Did Desmond die?

annasmom
05-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I have to admit, I don't "get" most of this show, and I don't really try to get it either, lol! I really don't think they would kill Desmond, Locke and Ecko.

Oh, and what was up with Charlie - "Hmm, I wonder if Locke and Ecko are dead? I am not going to say anything to anyone, and see if I can find Claire and make out on the beach."

I wonder if they killed off Ana Lucia and Libby because the actors were getting in trouble with DWI?? It doesn't seem like they are finished with the Libby character.

proggoddess
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
SPOILERS!!!

Well, we know that "Henry Gale" is some sort of leader of the Others. We know that the button is "real." We know that the survivors' chances of mounting another attack party is almost nil without the 3 leaders/troublemakers, Jack, Kate and Sawyer. (But it does leave Sayid and Locke.) The producers have also said that Ana Lucia was scheduled to die, but Libby's character was written out with slightly less planning (but not *no* planning).

We don't know what happened in the hatch after the "failsafe" mechanism was triggered. We don't know what Penny Widmore's relationship (if any) is to the Hanzo foundation or why she is looking for electromagnetic anomalies.

My real question is: how many darn pneumatic tubes are in that giant pile? That's quite a large landfill they have going there! :)

saschalicks
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I loved and hated it all at the same time. The Pneumatic tubes were scary in that they proved that Locke's theory about it meaning nothing was really wrong. What meant nothing was the hatch he and Echo found. From far away didn't it look like a pile of bones?

I think Sayeed and Locke and Echo will go and find the fab 3.

It's really spooky the whole ending with Penny looking for anomolies. Maybe her dad had something to do with Desmond's disappearance. Remember the dad said he'd do anything to keep him away from his daughter.

How about the fake camp that Sayeed found? That was also just a staging. That's what Walt meant when he said they aren't what you think. Maybe Walt will be integral to getting the 3 back.

I loved how Libby and Desmond crossed paths. Overall it was GREAT!

BaileyBea
05-25-2006, 05:27 PM
I usually read the Pop Candy Lost comments every week. There is an amazing amount of detail and symbolism I would miss otherwise.

Here's the link:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2006/05/lets_discuss_th.html

Ya'll might find it to fill in the blanks a bit. I thought last nights episode was actually pretty good. Desmond has me so curious and I am excited to see what happens next season.

But... is this going to be another Twin Peaks and Alias. Where it just gets so wierd you just don't care anymore? Only time will tell.

tina-t
05-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Whenever I watch this show, I come out with more questions than answers though. I still love it!!!

JMS
05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
I totally agree with your thoughts on Alias. I was so into it the first few seasons and then the whole Rambaldi things got so far fetched (beyond the realm of TV-world) that I lost interest.. hope that doesn't happen to Lost.

pb&j
05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
I don't know if it was *supposed* to be funny, but I about busted a gut laughing when I saw the big pile of pneumatic tubes. Makes me think twice about taking the outside lane at the bank drive through.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32812.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

overcome
05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Thank goodness I read this post!! I totally fast forwarded through the part at the end with the guys in the arctic calling in to Penny!! I didn't realize it was back to the show and thought it was an ad for a movie or something.

Hmm..I was glad to know why the plane crashed but there are still so many connections via the people, it couldn't have really been a mistake. And what about the significance of those numbers....

I thought it was stupid that Michael admitted to killing the girls. He could have still blamed it on "the other" that they were holding captive.

I still have no clue who the others are and what they are doing there.

I think the only hope for those people is Sayaid.

I couldn't watch it like I would have liked to. I watch everything in 20 minute segments while I'm nursing :-)

Ashley

proggoddess
05-25-2006, 11:22 PM
And... the guys in the arctic prove that the survivors aren't dead or in purgatory or someplace weird. They're still on the planet.

peasprout
05-26-2006, 12:29 PM
My random thoughts and questions:

* I read somewhere that Libby might have been working for Mr. Widmore,...that's why she "gave" Desmond a boat. And that explains her bad hair (which looks very much like a wig!) And did you notice that she said her husband's name was Dave,....as in Hurley's imaginary friend Dave??

* The Artic scientist guy looks exactly like Jack! I watched it a few times and he sounds like him too! I wonder if they're somehow related.

* I don't think Locke, Locke, and Desmond are dead yet.

* Does anyone else think that Claire could be Jack's half sister?

* I was a bit sad to see the hatch destroyed. What about all the food? Maybe they'll live in the swan hatch now.

* Was the Henry Gale impersonator really captured by Rousseau? Or was it a set-up? And if so, why didn't he send someone else? He was so close to being killed a few times.

Emmas Mom
05-26-2006, 12:42 PM
What I'm dying to know is how the Others are supposedly the GOOD guys! WTH was that comment about?!

I'm theorizing that because of all the geomagnetic energy (or whatever) the island is somehow "hidden" to the outside world. But how Desmond's girlfriend knew what to look for is another question!

I have to agree though, I hope this doesn't get too far fetched like Alias & the Rambaldi stuff...cause I was so ready for Alias to be over & I loved that show too!

kath68
05-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Or does it? Muahahaha!

Maybe she is looking for an anomoly that acts as an entryway into the afterlife?! There have been weirder storylines....