PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for crafty gifts for daycare teachers?

hudsonam
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Our center is having Faculty Appreciate Week, and among other things, they ask the parents to do something crafty for their room's teachers. We have two teachers, and are thinking about doing t-shirts and tote bags. Maybe hand prints and names on the t-shirts, and then I'm not sure what on the tote bags. Does anyone have any ideas for this, or other ideas that would be fairly simple to do? I'm sure there's no way to get all the parents together at once, so we'll have to play 'pass along the craft' to get it done, so it can't be too complex to accomplish.

TIA!
Anne Marie

kedss
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Maybe aprons for the teachers to wear when they are doing messy projects? You could send the apron along with paint to each parent, or maybe have a playdate where you can get a majority of the kids to put their handprints on?

amyff
05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
>Maybe aprons for the teachers to wear when they are doing
>messy projects?

We did this for an aide of mine...a red apron with pastel prints and white names! It was adorable...she cried when she opened it. We also included a book of photos of each kiddo holding up their painted hands...so cute!

miki
05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
It's not exactly crafty for the kids but I put together a photo book and used one of those on-line sites to have it printed. All the parents sent me photos of their kids and some also sent photos of some of the art projects their kids made with the teachers during the year. The teachers really loved it and passed it around school to show all the other teachers and the director.