PDA

View Full Version : Baby #2 has a birthdate!

KBecks
05-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Just got off the phone with the surgery scheduler at my OB's office, and assuming our amnio for lung maturity is good, Dear Son #2 is scheduled for a c-section delivery at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 29. I'm feeling like the amnio probably will be good, as I'll be almost 37 weeks at that point.

My husband is at a lunch meeting with a client, so I can't call him...I thought I'd share here.

Unfortunately, I'll be in the hospital for recovery over the holiday weekend (right before July 4). I have worries that NO ONE will be in the hospital to help me. I hope that's just an irrational fear.

Anyway, I'm quite excited to have a date in mind!

ETA: Now we just have to get closer on a name. Possibly more name polls coming from me over the next few weeks.

megs4413
05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
OH happy day!!! try not to worry about being forgotten in the hospital during the fourth of july hooplah. you will have help! I can't wait to see your name polls!

bubbaray
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Congrats - how exciting!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

annasmom
05-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah!! Congratulations! BTW, I am also having an amnio for lung maturity, so you will have to tell me how it goes. Is it scheduled for the day prior?

annasmom
05-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah!! Congratulations! BTW, I am also having an amnio for lung maturity, so you will have to tell me how it goes. Is it scheduled for the day prior?

KBecks
05-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I've had one before, with DS#1.

For this birth, the amnio is scheduled for 8AM and surgery for 5PM. The surgery will be delayed and re-scheduled if the results don't meet the readiness criteria (which, as I understand it, are very high criteria, because they want to be super-safe and minimize risk.)

For DS#1 the amnio was also in the morning, I got results at about 2 p.m. and the "score" wasn't quite high enough,but it was super-close. I *think* the amnio was on a Monday or Tuesday, and the c-section was scheduled for Thursday.

PM me if you have other questions about my experience with the amnio procedure.

tina-t
05-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Congratulations! Hope everything goes well.

Wife_and_mommy
05-26-2006, 03:34 PM
How exciting! Best of luck for a smooth Csec and recovery.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

lilycat88
05-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Two years ago, I was pretty much where you are. I had my amnio at 8am on June 29th and my c-section at 1:40 that afternoon. I was a couple of days shy of 37 weeks. Don't worry about the holiday weekend.

Good Luck!

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

KCR4
05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
My DS #2 is also an Oct. 21 baby...except one year older than your DS.

And I'm 32 weeks along today with DS #3....except MY c-section is scheduled for July 10 - I read your post and was jealous! (12 days early for me) And I'm already TIRED of this and ready to not be pregnant! Your June surgery date was very, eh tantalizing is the right word?

Of course, apologies to the mamas who are awaiting a past-due baby...I've never been in THAT boat so shouldn't be whining. (In fact, due to various circumstances, I've never been in labor!)

Good luck, all the best!
Karen