PDA

View Full Version : OT Doctor recommendation for Lasik in DC area?

MamaKath
05-26-2006, 10:57 PM
I really would like to get Lasik done. I need to find a doctor in the DC area. Has anyone had it done in this area? So far those who I have found who had great surgeries seemed to do it while living in other areas. There have to be doctors that are good, right?

TIA

BeachBaby
05-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I had LASIK done a little over five years ago with Dr. Mark Whitten, who is affiliated with TLC Laser Eye Centers. I went to their Fairfax office. Dr. Whitten is a very well-known and respected surgeon (he did Tiger Woods' eyes, I believe, along with other famous athletes), and while I had to wait a bit longer to get an appointment with him it was worth it for my peace of mind. He does not cost any more than any of the other surgeons there (at least that was true when I had it done). Anyway, the whole experience was great. I had no complications, no pain or discomfort and of course the results are wonderful. My vision is still 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other. :) A friend of mine also had Dr. Whitten do her eyes and she had a similarly good experience.

My brother recently had LASIK done I think by Dr. Boutros? I'm not sure if that's his name or the correct spelling, but it's the office that does a lot of radio ads. He also had excellent results with no complications.

A co-worker of mine went to someone 5 or 6 years ago who I think practices out of George Washington University? I can get more details on him if you want. I think yet another co-worker went to Dr. Boutros, too. I know a third co-worker had the surgery also 5 or 6 years ago, but I'm not sure where she went.

Finally, my dad went to someplace that was actually in Fair Oaks Mall, but I think they are closed now.

Apparently I know a lot of people who've had the procedure done. :) Anyway, I hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

JBaxter
05-27-2006, 08:00 AM
I worked for a dentist who has his done w/ Dr Whitten. I remember him saying he had done Tiger Woods.

MamaKath
05-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you!!!!

I will try to make an appt with Dr. Whitten. I am hoping that is is something I will be able to do, I hate my glasses!!!

ETA- Is this the right Dr. Whitten? www.whittenlasereye.com

BeachBaby
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Sorry, Kath, I just saw this. Yes, that's the right Dr. Whitten. I hope you're a good candidate!