PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plug for my favorite tv show

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Since a lot of shows are ending now for those of you who need something to fill an hour in the evening I would like to recommend Rescue Me on FX. The third season starts next Tuesday. It is the story of an NYC firehouse post 9-11 with the best writing. Funny and heart-wrenching and the lead character played by Denis Leary is so sexy. Worth a look if you are looking for a new show.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

fauve01
05-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree! this is an amazing show. DH and i just netflixed seasons one and two so we'd be ready for season three's start on Tues.

and then when rescue me is over, it'll be time for nip/tuck! i LOVE FX shows!!

Anne + DD 10-03

Queensgirl
05-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Another person in total agreement.
Been following "Rescue Me" from the start-what a great show!
Raw, yet powerful and funny.

And "Nip/Tuck" absolutely rocks-it's like a raunchy, smart, witty soap-opera.
These are the only tv shows DH and I make sure to catch.

jeminaal
05-28-2006, 09:20 AM
I was channel surfing last night and caught the tail end of the show. I started watching (not knowing what I was watching or what the storyline was). I caught it when Leary's character and a woman were just outside an emergency hospital room hugging as the doctors were inside working on a child who was injured. I had a hard time watching it w/o tearing up, even though I had absolutely NO idea what happened. Wow. What a scene.

What was this storyline about?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
05-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I am currently watching season 2 on dvd trying to catch up, but I did read an interview on what hapens in the episode you are refering to. The main character's son is hit and killed by a drunk driver. I am going to watch Nip/Tuck when it starts based on all the positive comments here. Thanks!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06