PDA

View Full Version : How to Get Rid of Rash on Face

matthewsmom
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone had come upon this issue. My DD is about 3 months old and has been sleeping on your stomach. (Please don't spam me about that). It's the only way that she'll sleep. But because she's been drooling a lot, on one side of her cheeks has gotten a little red. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to stop it from getting worse and also to get rid of it. It's about the size of 1/2 of a dime. I don't want the rash to get worse. I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks so much in advance.

JMS
05-29-2006, 08:19 PM
My DD gets a drool rash also and Aquaphor really helps clear it up and prevent it.

HTH!

jennabear
05-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Eucerin or Aquaphor on my DC's always worked well.

Marisa6826
05-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Yup, Eucerin, Aquaphor or fresh breastmilk. Really. It helps dramatically. It also does the trick for baby acne.

-m

AddiesMom
05-30-2006, 05:11 AM
I think there was a thread recently for a free sample of Aquaphor. I ordered one and sent one to my Mom since I keep a bottle a home, a sample in my bag, etc... since DD is getting ready to teethe and the drool is just pouring out of her mouth! We just had her pictures taken and I put it on her face several times before the appointment and her face was all clear!

AngelaS
05-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I always use Mary Kay Extra Emolient Night Cream. It works great!

heidiann
05-30-2006, 06:56 AM
My DD would get a drool rash also. I would use a little A&D oinment on her cheeks when I pur her to bed but I also had a receiving blanket on her bassinet sheet. It seemed to help soak up some of the drool. ( DD was also a belly sleeper)
Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05