PDA

View Full Version : Another Bare Escentuals question/problem .... EYE LINER!

Toba
05-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I love BE's powder eye liner. But everytime I put it on, I get little flecks of it under my eyes or on my cheeks, and you know what happens when you try to rub it off ... it just smudges in!!! Not good when it's medium brown (coffee bean)! My husband keeps telling me to just put less on the brush and restock the brush more frequently (yes, my husband is straight! LOL), but I already DO that! It's driving me nuts! At least it's fairly easy to remove BE and reapply just certain sections of it without it looking bad. If I had more hands, I could hold my hand under my eye as I'm applying it, but that won't work!

One other question ... what is the *right* way to apply moisturizer? I have pretty dry skin, and my normal routine (pre-BE) was to just tone, apply my eye cream, moisturize my face (with some heavy duty moisturizer since I have dry skin) and then apply my makeup. Since BE is all powder based, I can't do that because my face is still super moist/tacky from the moisturizer application that the powder looks like crap. So now I find myself toning/moisturizing and then waiting a *good* while to apply BE ... which stinks. One of the reasons I decided to re-try BE (I had tried it once before but had a bad reaction to a new skin care line (Philosophy) that I tried at the same time, so I returned everything back to Sephora) was to cut down on makeup application time, and having to wait extra time for my moisturizer to "dry" and then applying BE is taking longer than my old makeup routine. :(

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

dotgirl
05-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Something I do when I'm applying powder eyeliner (although I don't use the BE kind) is to put extra facial powder (the loose kind) on my undereye/cheeks where it falls, and then once I'm done applying the eyeliner, I brush the excess facial powder off - the bits of eyeliner come right with it, with no smudging.

m448
05-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Ditto. As far as application after moisturizing you really should have no issue with waiting just a minute or so after moisturizing to apply the BE even if your face is still a bit moist.

However, if you want to try a different method I take a dollop of my moisturizer/sunblock and put it on my finger, then I take the finger and dip it into the BE foundation and smooth over my face. I do one dollop per face section and just rub it in like I would my moisturizer alone. I get a really nice finish that way, don't have to buff as much and I find that days when I use this method I don't need the MV. Pretty matte but very second-skin, almost like a velvet. It's especially helpful since most mornings it comes down to choosing what to do before the babe needs to nurse.

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

sdjeppa
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
I love the eyeliner too :). When I put it on, I usually just lightly "scrape" the tip on the jar, so all the powder is IN the brush. I haven't had a problem with flecks at all.

As far as moisturizer, I usually put my moisturizer on, blow dry my hair, THEN put my make up on, so it has about 5-10 minutes to sink in.

Jenny

bostonsmama
05-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Same here...I did it too many times the other way around before I realized that I was blowing all my powder off w/ the dryer. Since I slather oil-free sunscreen on my cheeks and forehead, I wait for that to soak in, blow dry-10min, then do my 60 second bare minerals routine-dab concealer, buff foundation, dusting of blush, lip gloss and go (3-5min if I go all out).

Larissa

Baseline appt July 25th! Tentative retrieval ~Aug 10th, transfer ~8/13 or 15

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my bro & SIL 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

shilo
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
for the eyeliner, have you tried using it as a wet liner?? i just dip just the tip of the flat ended liner brush in a drop of water (too much water will make it too runny, too little and it will still be dry liner - you're trying for kind of pasty). anyway, once the brush is wet, dip it in the eyeliner, swirl/work it back and forth in the lid until pasty, then you kind of 'push' it into a line and tip the end of the liner brush in that line of paste. sounds weird, i know, but that way, i find it doesn't flake. it does go on darker this way, so when i was 'doing' my eyes for something for daytime before DS, i would let it dry and then buff it with a shadow brush to tone it down/smudge it a little on the lid. if for evening, you get a much darker/dramatic eye this way. i rarely have the occasion to do it anymore :), but i love, love, love the color 'here kitty' for this. it looks red in the container, but it goes on kind of a rich charcoal brown and then smudges a warm charcoal color for a very smoky look.

for the moisturizer, can't help much there. i wash and moisturize at night. in the morning i will either just do the BM straight up as my sunscreen, if i'm not spending a lot of time outside, or put my neutrogena sunscreen (the 'dry touch' kind) on first, give it about 2-3minutes, then the BM. i haven't had a caking problem with the combo of the neutrogena dry touch and the BM.

hth, lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.