PDA

View Full Version : DC more "cuddly" post-weaning? Or just me?

nfowife
05-30-2006, 08:14 PM
DD weaned about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that, I enjoyed bonding with her through nursing, but she was not a very cuddly baby. She didn't ever snuggle up to me or lay her head on my shoulder, etc. Sure, she liked to be held but mostly just carried around. Other than nursing we didn't really cuddle. Now that we aren't nursing, she is SO much more cuddly and snuggly! I will rock her for a few minutes before I put her down to sleep and she will rest on my chest while I sing to her. While I'm holding her throughout the day, she'll lay against my chest or give me kisses. It's so nice! I had totally resigned myself to the fact that she just wasn't a cuddler and that was her personality. I wonder if that's typical? Just curious if anyone else had this experience!

lmintzer
05-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Yep, that's my Joshua. He weaned at 23 months and has been much, much more cuddly (esp. in the past 3-4 months) then ever before. He's on the go a lot, so his affectionate gestures are brief, but oh so sweet!

He makes "hug" noises (probably because I have said, "awww" when we've hugged before). His are more like a hum. He comes toward me with his head down and hums when he wants a hug. It's so so sweet. He doesn't hug with his arms, but just his head. Now that he's talking more, he'll say, "hug? kiss" when he wants them. I always oblige. : ) He'll also say, "Sit mama," when he wants to climb in my lap and snuggle. He too will snug his little head down during bedtime stories and song. I just love it! He's 2 1/2 but little and fuzzy-headed, and still looks like a baby. : )

traciann
05-30-2006, 10:15 PM
YES!!!!!!

We weaned at the beginning of May. I was shocked to see DD was so much more cuddly towards me. One day I was sitting on the floor and she came up to me and put her head on my shoulder, its was the sweetest thing. I am loving it, because I would see her do this with others, but not so much me. I am guessing she got the cuddling time while nursing so she didn't need it before.

Traci