PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Cleaning Ladies

annasmom
05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Does your cleaning person come at the same time every time? When I first spoke to my cleaning lady she said she would come at noon. In reality she comes at about 10:00-10:30 a.m., which is actually better for us because of naptime. However, every once in a while she does come at about 12:00 p.m. The problem with this is (1) I end up waiting around for her to show up because she doesn't have a key; and (2) it completely disrupts naptime. I was wondering if this situation is unique, or whether it happens to everyone. Thanks!

chiqanita
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
The woman who helps me every 2 weeks shows up on time every time, 8am. Okay, she's been early but that's better than late. I also ask her to be done by 11 so I can put the boys down for their nap. In the beginning this was difficult but now she has the routine down pat and is in and out by 11am.

hez
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Same time every visit, within an hour or so. They clean a friend's house in the morning, and when they're done there, move on to ours. If there's bad weather or a family situation (one of the husbands is very ill) they may adjust a bit. We're usually not home when they clean, so it's not a biggie. However, they generally call anyway if they're going to be outside the normal window to make sure it's OK.

A side note that our folks don't have a key either-- we leave it in a certain place they can get to on cleaning day, and put the key away in the house when it's not cleaning day.

annasmom
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks so much Ladies! I hate being picky, because I am just so grateful to HAVE a cleaning lady. Today is ridiculous though. They are still here and it is 2:30, my dc go down for naps at 1:00-1:30 p.m., so poor Kieran is hysterical. I asked my cleaning lady if I can switch to the mornings. Hopefully if I am first or second on her route, she won't be late anymore!

jayali
05-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Eileen,

I just saw this and had to reply. I fired my cleaning ladies because of this very situation. I found that they were always adjusting the time they came to our house to fit in new clients. It used to make me crazy because of naps. DS goes down at the same time as your kids and if my cleaning ladies were off by even half an hour our schedule would be also. My only suggestion is to be firm with your time. I used to let it go and end up dreading cleaning day, which was ridiculous. Fast forward two months and here I am cleaning myself because I still haven't hired anyone new. I wish I would have been more firm about their schedule from the beginning so they would have known I meant business.

Good luck. I feel your pain.