PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Whining/Crying Constantly

Raidra
05-31-2006, 11:57 AM
I know I've seen people talking about this, but I can't find it in the archives, so sorry for posting again.

Colwyn is normally a very easygoing boy, but during the past few weeks, he's been getting really upset over the smallest things. His tolerance for frustration is much lower than normal, he'll start whining for help frantically at the first sign of difficulty. He bursts into tears and sobs whenever I tell him we can't do something or have to stop something. He's never acted like this before, so I'm at a loss for how to deal with it.

We haven't had any changes around the house lately, so I don't know why he's acting like this. He is still napping in the afternoons from about 1:30pm to 3:30-4:00pm, but he doesn't fall asleep right away. He goes to bed around 8:00pm, but usually stays awake for as long as an hour (and rarely, two hours). I want to be as gentle and understanding with him as I can be, but it's really wearing thin, especially since Lachlann is prone to acting the same way (of course, he's only 10 months old).

Any ideas? Is this normal toddler behavior?

o_mom
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
If you find out anything let me know. I am at my wits end with this. The drama is just too much. The inability to make decisions is the other part of this that gives me headaches. The simplest thing (Would you like the red cup or the green cup?) can take 15 min to decide and then as soon as the decision is made he changes his mind. Especially annoying when you have just poured milk on the cereal he chose and he declares it to be the wrong one.

So far I'm chalking it up to being 2.....

dhano923
05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
My DS is doing the same thing lately, so it must be that age! The littlest thing makes him cover his face and whine and cry. Then in case I didn't notice the whining and crying, he'll say in a teary voice "Kabir crying". Uh, thanks, I can see that. LOL

I just kind of tune it out now if I know he is "fake crying" ie. crying for no reason.