PDA

View Full Version : Thanks y'all for being the well of wisdom

maestramommy
05-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Okay, I've been bragging about you ladies to other people so let me just start by saying THANKS for all the great advice I've gotten here. The moms group I hang out with is GREAT, but for major issues like feeding, sleeping, bwing, I'm on a different path so I can't really ask them for advice, KWIM? Thanks for reassuring me that dd isn't going to starve if she's still only eating a couple of tsps of cereal a day, that it's okay to keep feeding her at night, 'cause goodness knows she's gotta be hungry, and that it's normal for her not to want to ride in the stroller as long as the other kids. After the first few months I could see why people want to give up on bfing. Just when one thing settles down, another issues pops up. Without your encouragement at month 4 I might've started supplementing. And here we are 2 days before her 8 month birthday still at it with the EBF! And after throwing out the schedule I'm now discovering, hey! I know when she's hungry and when she just needs a hug and kiss! And using the stroller as a holding cart is actually work out. So ((((HUGS)))) to everybody!

DebbieJ
05-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Melinda,

Sounds like you have found your stride as a mother. Congrats!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

mudder17
05-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Big hugs to you, sis! I'm so glad you're getting into a rhythm and just trusting yourself as a mom! And congratulations on the 8 months of EBF! :) (Oh, and FWIW, I've used my stroller as a holding cart while Kaya walks or she's being carried.)

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 27 months...
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

jhrabosk
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks for posting this, Melinda. I have FREQUENTLY had the same thoughts. Everyone here has been such a tremendous support system.

And I agree...I think the moms I hang out with IRL are great, but most of them have a different approach than I'm trying to have. I love the perspective I get from everyone here.

Cheers!

mom to little e
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
This may sound silly/corny/pathetic, etc. but I really don't know what I would have done without the ladies on the BBB. (My DH laughs whenever I start to say, "On the BBB...)

I also COMPLETELY agree that bfing is REALLY hard - but so worth it, too! This coming from someone who actually was embarrased and got the total heebie-jeepies at the idea of breastfeeding before having my son and then went on to bf until he was 18-months and I got pregnant with number 2! I pray that we have the same kind of luck - with a new goal now of 2 years. :)

Congratulations to you on figuring what works well for you and being a great mommy!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

MonicaH
05-31-2006, 09:34 PM
That's great, Melinda. I agree, it is such a sense of accomplishment when you realize, "I am a good mother to my child and no one else knows her as well as I do." I have found so much support and new ideas here too. Thanks, BBB!

Monica

denna
06-01-2006, 06:08 AM
That's funny because my DH always laughs at me too :D.

((BIG HUGS)) Melinda you have been so helpful to me too. Just like all the other women here. Like you said Maryann I TRULY do not know where I would be w/o you all. Being so far away from home and not having any real close friends that are around that are new mothers (or mothers at all) is tough. But you guys have been a real life saver and have made being a mom easier for me :D.

So ((BIG BIG HUGS)) all around and to you Melinda for all the advice you have given me and other moms.

Thanks so much for the post and for all your help!!!

Denna