PDA

View Full Version : So, what are you getting YOUR dad for Father's Day?

Moneypenny
06-01-2006, 01:36 PM
The title says it all. I'm probably not the only one looking for ideas for my has-everything, "honey-you-don't-need-to-get-me-anything", lives out-of-state, his-hobbies-are-out-of-my-price-range dad. Thanks!

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

o_mom
06-01-2006, 01:40 PM
We are doing G-R-A-N-D-P-A pictures (like D-A-D-D-Y) since there are exactly 7 grandkids this year.

boolady
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Your dad and my dad must be twins. We are getting my dad a nice bocce set. He's never played, but my DH is Italian and his family plays, and he thinks my dad would enjoy it. I think he will-- he loves sports, being outside, and usually seems to like gifts when he thinks people thought of something different with him in mind.

My dad is also a grill fanatic. The year after he got his newest stainless monster, we got him some grilling supplies and sauces from Williams-Sonoma that he really loved. In fact, he has gone to W-S himself to replenish a few of the items. I think I will always think of this as one of my favorite Father's Day gifts for him because HE liked it so much.

pampamz
06-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I was thinking of a subscription to a Golf mag -- but what is bocce all about? Sounds like something he would like (is it kind of like lawn bowling? Forgive me for being a cake!).

The bbq access. idea is always a good choice.

boolady
06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
It is like lawn bowling. There's a very nice set at Restoration Hardware, but I think it's close to $100 and I don't think we're spending that much. I've seen other nice ones recently that were a bit cheaper...maybe Eddie Bauer?

To be honest, I have no clue how to play-- I just thought it was cute (and shocking :)) when my DH announced to me a few weeks ago that he knew "just what to get" my dad for Father's Day. Who am I to interfere with fate?

bostonsmama
06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
My dad just got a big promotion for his last assignment before retirement. He'll be traveling a lot so we're getting him a leather Bosca passport and airplane ticket holder/organizer with his monogram engraved on the front.

For FIL, we'll probably send a Costco gift card since he's been needing to replace his worn out air compressor. Last year we sent a Leatherman all-purpose tool to help him when he makes the rounds at the schools he manages.

Larissa

Baseline appt July 25th! Tentative retrieval ~Aug 10th, transfer ~8/13 or 15

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my bro & SIL 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg