PDA

View Full Version : When did you experience PG symptoms?

bubbaray
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I have no idea how to create a poll (even after this many posts here!).

Just wondering when you experienced symptoms related to pregnancy? Such as m/s, cravings, fuller breasts, weight gain (or loss), etc.

Just curious.

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

boys2enough
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Sorry if TMI...

I noticed that something was "not right" three days after I was late, partly because I have always been extremely regular, partly because I was feeling nautious. My body is extremely sensitive to estrogen; I also got a blood clot during pregnancy for the same reason: higher estrogen level means thicker blood. For DS1, I had severe M/S for the first two trimesters; for DS2 I was throwing up till delivery. Unfrotunately I immediately gained weight AFTER he came: I couldn't help it, I was starved for 9 months! And I am still paying the prize!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/chika/chirol_buha.gif

I am celebrating: just passed my "1000 posts" mark. Yipee!

bubbaray
06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks, Lin!

Melissa

buddyleebaby
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
With dd, I honestly don't think I had any symptoms exceot for tender breasts and in the second trimester the horrific acid reflux that continued for the duration of the pregnancy.
With this baby, I had minor acid reflux at about 5 weeks along, which prompted me to take a pregnancy test. I haven't had it or any other symptoms since.

JTsMom
06-01-2006, 03:50 PM
So early that I still don't understand how it was even possible! I wasn't even late yet, and I felt really tired, my breasts looked different, and I had some pretty serious m/s. Doesn't make any sense, and at the time I didn't associate them with pg, but after I got a positive test result, it all made sense.

Jenn98
06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
My first sign with my first was that it seemed like I always had to pee, but it never occured to me I was actually pregnant. The two pink lines on the hpt were my first clue. Then my breasts got sore and then at 5 weeks the morning/noon/night sickness hit with a vengence.

With my second, I just didn't fel right. can't explain it. I just had a weird sensation and I thought I'd take a test to put my mind at ease. It wasn't "eased" when I saw the two pink lines!!! Then at 5 weeks the morning sickness hit. My breats have not been tender this time, nor have I had to pee all that much. I did have a week or two were I couldn't drink enough water. I was drinking 150-200 ozs a day becasuse I was sooooo thirsty!

jenn

EllasMum
06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I had the first symptom - tingly nipples (sorry if TMI!)about 8 days after ovulation. I was TTC through IUI so I knew I *could* be pg but I did a hpt that day and it was negative, so I was quite sad. The tingling continued and I was late by maybe 1 or 2 days so I did another hpt on about 14 days past ovulation and it was positive! Talk about a dance of joy!! I didn't have too many symptoms but starting around 6-7 weeks I started to get a craving for spring rolls (Vietnamese) that continued to the day I had DD! :9 My craving was so bad that my best friend (who came in the delivery room and later the OR) had her DH bring some spring rolls to the hospital for my first 'post-baby' meal! Sadly for me I ended up with a C-section so couldn't eat right after (mainly because I was WAY drugged up!!) so I didn't get my spring rolls! Let's just say I have since made up for it. :)

mommyoftwo
06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, I am quite aware of what happens with my body and very sensitive to hormones, but I knew I was pregnant about 3 days post-ovulation each time (2 MC's and 2 successful pregnancies). I got morning sickness, breast changes etc.

lisams
06-01-2006, 06:02 PM
With DD I had sore/full feeling in my breasts along with a lower bachache around the time my period was due. About 6 weeks I started getting morning sickness and a super sensitive nose.

randomkid
06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Ditto! I first thought it was PMS (which I generally don't have), but when it lasted over a week, I started to get suspicious. I took the home pregnancy test at 5 weeks - positive! - and started getting sick and having the super sensitive smeller at 6 weeks. Unfortunately, that part lasted until DD was born!

lablover
06-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, both times my first clue was the positive pregnancy test. And I was hyper aware of everything, was charting, etc. This time I even went to an infertility consultation at about 12 dpo, and remember that I was cramping a lot and it felt exactly like AF was coming - at the end of the appt I was scheduling bloodwork for day 3 of the next cycle and was worried that AF was going to come a day early and throw everything off. Of course a few days later I happily ended up canceling that appt and scheduling a prenatal appt instead. The lack of symptoms both times was very unnerving, even though I should have just been enjoying it. The excessive peeing, pickiness with food and tiredness didn't come for me until about 8 weeks I think.

elliput
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
My first clue I was possibly PG was the wave of nausea that came over me at exactly the same time three mornings in a row. The first two days I dismissed it, on the third I thought I had better pick up a HPT just to rule out that I was PG. Surprise! A positive test. :-) Didn't have any real m/s until 5 months except for random nausea, though cravings started at about 10 weeks. The fatigue and fuller breasts started before I tested, but I had dismissed them as pre-AF symptoms. Not sure about weight as I didn't own a scale until this February.

R2sweetboys
06-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Just hoping! :)

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

chiqanita
06-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Wow, I know the exact date I got pregnant, Dec 28th. I started feeling 'sick' on Jan 8th but didn't call my OB until Jan 9th. She said, YOU MUST BE PREGNANT!

I took the HPT for two mornings in a row and each time I was positive.

Saw my OB in February for the first time and had an ultrasound, pregnancy confirmed but wait...she said " I THINK YOU HAVE TWO BABIES!" :o :o They did the internal ultrasound (yuk!) and confirmed I had twins! We cried out of happiness and out of shock...TWO BABIES! Wow! Then we stopped at Sonic's on the way home for a slush.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

mudder17
06-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Umm...I had the PMS from h*ll! Before I knew I was pregnant (1 day after I expected my period), I was having horrible mood swings. I was having crying jags and being super emotional about the silliest things (although they didn't seem silly at the time). I'm still nursing Kaya, so I didn't experience the fuller breast, at least not right away. DH did point out in my 3rd or 4th month that my left breast (Kaya doesn't nurse out of that one) was almost bigger than my right! So I guess they did eventually fill out a bit more. I didn't have m/s, but I definitely started feeling nauseous and being very sensitive to odors maybe 2 weeks later?

So do we have good news from you, Melissa?

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 27 months...
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

denna
06-02-2006, 07:23 AM
My period has NEVER been regular so when it didnt come when it 'should have' I didnt really think anything. Then when I was about 6 weeks along my brests became REALLY tender. And I told my DH I should take a pg test, I did and I was....

ETA: To create a poll you just click on the icon at the top of the lounge page it's near the post icon. Hope this helps

Denna

pinkmomagain
06-02-2006, 09:19 AM
With my third daughter, I had tender breasts just 6 days after "doing the deed." We did it on a Sunday night, Monday I saw evidence that I was ovulating and thought "uh oh" (this was not planned), and by Saturday I had tender breasts and knew we had conceived. Maybe because it was my third pregnancy my hormones/body had become strong/sensitive.....

Gina

janeybwild
06-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Both pregnancies with Megan and Dana were planned, and I was on the lookout for symptoms immediately. Sore boobs was my only sign in both of those. Based on that though I was sure I knew the moment conception occurred, and that I was “super-sensitive�. Fast forward to #3. I’m on the pill, and not trying to get pg. I’m training for an 8K race, and doing horribly. During the race I had to stop due to nausea several times. A week later I saw the MD, and surprise, you’re 8 weeks pg. Talk about feeling like an idiot for not knowing. Even my DH said how could you not have even thought it? So, now I believe that for me, my knowing in the first two pg’s was because I was looking. I’ll never “know� again. Good luck!

bubbaray
06-03-2006, 10:02 AM
:)

As always, thanks for the perspective....

Melissa

KrisM
06-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I was charting, so I tested. Other than that, a missed period was my only clue for a long time. My first "real" sign was heartburn starting about 20 weeks.

Lovingliv
06-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I was starving....all of a sudden.....and it's still happening!

essnce629
06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
I starting have little bouts of nausea (but really mild) about 4 days before my period was due. Then at EXACTLY 5 weeks pregnant I was hit with full blown morning sickness (as in I woke up, got out of bed, the room started spinning, I ran straight to the toilet, and then spent the rest of the day in bed!) Oh, and two days before my period was due I had a tiny tiny amount of light pink spotting on my underwear and I NEVER have spotting BEFORE my period is due.

***Latia
Birth and Postpartum Doula

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!