PDA

View Full Version : OT: What kind of lipgloss do you like?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm looking for one that's not sticky. Thanks!

--Jennifer

beckyr88
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I really like my Kiehl's--it's not sticky at all. I have Lip Balm Hue #58B. HTH!

KBecks
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
If you want another site to get into, check out makeupalley.com
It's got tons of reviews of different beauty products.

I dont' wear a lot of lip gloss, so have no good experiences to share. All mine are fairly sticky/yucky.

crl
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I actually like one by Covergirl. I forget the exact name, but it comes in a tube like lipstick. The texture is a lot like chapstick, so not sticky. Also not super shiny, but I think a nice sheer color. And super cheap!

farsk
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I like Aveda lip gloss....it even smells really good.

But what I really want to know is what they used on American Idol on the girls. Their lips looked awesome!

ajmom
06-01-2006, 08:35 PM
My fave of all time is the lip gloss by beauticontrol. Wonderfully shiny and non-sticky. Currently, I also love the CO Bigelow lipgloss from Bath and Body Works. They have some with a bit of tint that I relaly like. It's pepperminty, too!

jbowman
06-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I love Kiehl's and Labello (really more of a balm); for color, I like Clinique's Almost Lipstick (they may call it something different now).

Bsides2sides
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Jessica Simpson's DESSERT lip gloss is fabulous. I also love VS. :)

urquie
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
i love, love, love the burt's bees lip shimmers. there is a bit of color (depending on which one you choose) and the nice smell of peppermint oil. i have the watermelon which barely has color -just a bit of shine. when i want more color i use the rhubarb - my idea of lipstick :)

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10101&productId=14959&langId=-1

Queensgirl
06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing!
Here is the makeup artist's "secrets", but they don't name the products:

http://www.americanidol.com/style/beauty/

BTW, I'm liking Laura Mercier's lipgloss Ambre Rose.
Also, Vincent Longo's Lipstain Lipstick and Gel X Lipstick seem very nice (you can test them out at Sephora).

bostonsmama
06-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I have a girlfriend who just recommended the Victoria's Secret gloss to me, although I don't know if it's not sticky...it'll really juicy up your lips! She also mentioned a gloss at Bath & Body Works that she says will "plump" up your lips b/c of mint or menthol or something? Sounded cool.

I like Juicy Tubes, but they are sooooo sticky. Estee Lauder also has a Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Duo w/ gloss and it is SOOOOOOOO glossy and pretty, even though the colors are intense and the gloss was initially sticky. I tried Rare Wine and it was so gorgeous and sparkly, I just couldn't justify $24 for such a dark pinky red.

I like the Clinique's Bare Brilliance sheer lipsticks for that reason, it's not sticky like a gloss, but the color is sheer, shiny and one easy step. New fave is Ruby Glass.

Larissa

Baseline appt July 25th! Tentative retrieval ~Aug 10th, transfer ~8/13 or 15

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my bro & SIL 3/06
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32719.jpg

Dee150
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Another vote for Burt's Bees' lip balms. I have 3 of them (I know one is Rhubarb, not sur eof the others- in purses/cars). They are all very nice and like the PP, my idea of lipstick. One of the shades is a bit shimmery, not just glossy.

dhano923
06-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Bobbi Brown's lip gloss. Great shine, but not sticky!

kozachka
06-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Cargo lipgloss. Check it out in Sephora for colours that you like. PP ask me what I am wearing all the time when I have it one and it is not sticky. And it comes in a huge tin :). You get two colours in one tin.

ETA: Mine is Machu Picchu.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00021D8V0/103-2719649-3621461?v=glance&n=3760911

kathsmom
06-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I second the Cargo lip gloss! I went to Sephora and the sales girl suggested that I try the Xai Xai colors. I love the colors and the consistency - not sticky at all!

m448
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I like Nars but it is a tad sticky. Lovely colors and wears well. A trick to get any color to wear longer is to use a clear lipliner to fill in your whole mouth then apply the gloss. Covergirl and Paula's Choice both sell a clear lipliner (basically a waxy stick).

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

Twins2000
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Another good website for make-up reviews and more is www.emakemeup.com. I don't know if you would find it sticky, but I like MAC Lipglass.

Toba
06-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I love Estee Lauder's lip glosses (not the dual one with liner that a previous poster mentioned, but the one that comes with a wand applicator). Not sticky at all, very pretty colors (and a TON of them) and they smell like figs (yummy). I think I have about seven different colors (hides head in shame).

I used to use Lancome's Juicy Tubes a LOT, but just wanted a change. They are very heavy though and I find that people either love them or hate them. I liked the heaviness/stickiness to them though ... it seemed like it made it stay on my lips a lot longer than regular lip gloss.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*