PDA

View Full Version : Lake George, NY recs???

ctmom
06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
A bunch of friends are going camping up to Lake George for July 4th but for many reasons, including dh is still recovering from back surgery, we want to go, but get a motel/hotel room. Since we are only looking to stay for 3 nights, a lot of places I called won't accomodate us, they want us to book for a whole week. Can anyone recommend a family friendly, clean place? We would like to stay outside the "village" heading up 9N. Going online is such a crap shoot since websites can be VERY deceiving, I was hoping someone here had experience...

Thanks!!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

jayali
06-01-2006, 08:09 PM
I have stayed at the Sagamore, which is VERY family oriented. Not sure if that is in the vicinity that you are looking.

omgrown
06-01-2006, 10:39 PM
There's a new hotel with an indoor waterpark that opened recently. I'm not sure of the exact location, but I think its near the Great Escape. Its probably linked on the Six Flags website somehow (the Great Escape is part of the Six flags company).

psophia17
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
There are TONS of small motels and hotels up there - I grew up near there, so never stayed at any of them, but there are tons. Did you check out their local chamber of commerce?

July 4th weekend is very popular in that area, being so close to so many Revolutionary War sites...I'll cross my fingers that there's a room at the inn :)

ctmom
06-02-2006, 05:31 AM
I would LOVE to stay at the Sagamore. The last time I was in Lake George, about 15 years ago, we found it and it has always been on my "someday I'll stay there list". Unfortunately, since the least expensive room is over $300, it's not happening this time! We already have a vacation planned for Cape Cod later this summer so this is a last minute thing and dh will not go for spending that much $$!!

Thanks anyway!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

ctmom
06-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Yes, it is part of Six Flags, but unfortunately, it is also about $300 per night! Since dh can't even think about water parks and/or amusements parks because of his back problems, it will be a few years before we consider something like this!! It does look like a ton of fun though!!!!

Thanks!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

ctmom
06-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Keep you fingers crossed Petra! Yes, I did check with the chamber and I have found some with availability, but I'm scared as to what they are like!! I'm thinking maybe we will just book a room, hopefully it won't be too gross and look at it that we will mostly just be sleeping there because we are going to be hanging out at the campgrounds a lot of the time. One lady at a place I called last night was a little helpful, she didn't have anything available, but she was able to tell me of a few places that haven't done any renovations in the 20 years she has been up there so I should steer clear of them! One of the places is charging $200 a night!! If I book that and got there and the place was gross I would be PISSED! Wish me luck!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

annasmom
06-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Sorry Mary, no recommendations, but I hope you all have a great time! Lake George is definitely on my "list." Maybe next Summer when I am not pregnant.