PDA

View Full Version : facial lotion?

megs4413
06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
This may make me sound totally stupid, but I don't care cause DD needs your help!!! I never used to put lotion on her face...I have no idea why...it just never really occurred to me. i guess since I don't lotion my face (totally oily enough on its own) I didn't think to put lotion on hers...ANYway....She has developed horrible dry patches on her cheeks, nose, and forehead. The one on her forehead extends past her hair line so it's also on her scalp I guess. What do I do??? I tried Cetaphil and *gasp* she appears to be allergic!!!!! How is that possible? Isn't it supposed to be the one that you give to babies with skin allergies???? I'm so frustrated. I have been using aquaphor which seems to have helped the nose and cheeks (though it does give her some pimples and is REALLY greasy on her face), but the patch on her forehead/scalp has gotten much worse. What do i do? Has anyone BTDT? TIA!!!!!

mamicka
06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
If this is the first time she has developed the dryness, I would talk to her pede first, just to make sure it's just dry skin or ezcema. I would guess it's ezcema. If so, I would use Hydrocortizone until you get it under control, then find a really good lotion to use for maintenance.

Hope it isn't bothering her, at least.
Allison