PDA

View Full Version : Greater love hath no mom...

Saartje
06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
...than to let her toddler spoon-feed her a bowlful of Cheerios.

(Yes, they were intended for my breakfast anyway... but I really meant eat them by myself. Until Ish decided he was done with his breakfast, came to sit in my lap, and took over use of the spoon.)

What cute and funny things has your kid done lately?

californiagirl
06-03-2006, 08:59 PM
DD: Mama, go away!
Me: OK, I'm going.
DD: Wait! I'm coming with you.

LD92599
06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Nightly routine as of late:

DS: Mommy, I need you help
Me: What do you need my help with?
DS: Mommy, I need you help

repeat
repeat
repeat!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

emschwar
06-03-2006, 09:17 PM
We've had this one lately:
(Noah hasn't figured out his pronouns yet, and refers to himself as "you" a lot)
N: you have a problem
Me: You have a problem? What's your problem?
N: you have a problem

Maybe he was saying I had a problem, who knows!

About a year ago, I finally got Noah to eat oatmeal. For about 10 days straight, I made myself oatmeal for breakfast and let him feed it to me, and after 9 days of feeding me, he decided to try it himself and wouldn't give me any after that!

Saartje
06-03-2006, 10:22 PM
>About a year ago, I finally got Noah to eat oatmeal. For
>about 10 days straight, I made myself oatmeal for breakfast
>and let him feed it to me, and after 9 days of feeding me, he
>decided to try it himself and wouldn't give me any after
>that!

I think this may be a toddler trick to take note of!

EllasMum
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
DD is almost 10 months old and loves to clap - particularly if you say "Clap clap! Hooray for <insert random object/person here>" - she will then start clapping. So tonight DD was sitting on my lap while my mother related some story about a surgery she heard about. My mom said "and the surgeon just finds the artery and goes clamp clamp clamp!" Well sure enough I look down and DD is giving her a round of applause. I guess it sounded close enough to DD. :)

buddyleebaby
06-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Dd knows where her nose, eyes, ears, and tummy are.
When she was learning, we used to ask her to point to a specific body part and then clap every time she got it right. Nowadays she will come up to you, point at her nose (or whatever body part), wait for you to say the word, and then clap for herself. ; )

almostamom
06-04-2006, 12:00 AM
>DD: Mama, go away!
>Me: OK, I'm going.
>DD: Wait! I'm coming with you.

Too cute!!!

~Linda~
http://lilypie.com/pic/060427/fDdc.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/qW3mm7.png

aliceinwonderland
06-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Well, he started listening to my Ipod the other day in his carseat, and he was "snging along" to a Dido song, making up words, but holding the music very well.

He also can draw the letters "A", "B" an "O" (that's an easy one) pretty well now...Which is interesting, as he is pretty average or below average for everything else <shrug>

lmintzer
06-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Joshua is putting candles in a playdough "cake" and singing "Happy Birthday". Then he blows out the candles. It's so cute!

Jenn98
06-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Sooooo sweet! I love it! Made me tear up. :)

Saartje
06-04-2006, 09:48 AM
>He also can draw the letters "A", "B" an "O" (that's an easy
>one) pretty well now...Which is interesting, as he is pretty
>average or below average for everything else <shrug>

Now you just need to teach him about Rh factors so you can complete his obsession with blood types. ;)

emilys_mom
06-04-2006, 10:17 AM
DD has been sticking her head out the doggy door and "barking" to the world. She's hilarious.

She also takes paper towels and rubs the floor, me, her own body with them. Makes me wonder, do I really clean enough for her to know what to do with them?? I wish the answer *was* yes. :)

aliceinwonderland
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
oooh. See, he's smarter than I give him credit for (I guess??). Maybe he'll be a physician like his grandpa and grandma. Nah, blonde hip-hop artist is more like it ;) ;)

abigailsmom
06-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Abigail has started 'nuzzlin' me when she is feeling lovable. She scoots onto my lap and rubs her face all over my neck, shoulders, chest... whatever she can reach.

All of that is sweet and loving EXCEPT when she has ketchup face! :)

Thanks for the pick me up!!!

Moneypenny
06-05-2006, 09:15 AM
DD's favorite song is 'Desperado' by the Eagles. She doesn't really know any of the words but she just runs around the house belting it out at top volume. Every once in a while I can pick out a "drado", but the rest is unintelligible, although I can tell when she gets to the "don't your feet get cold in the winter time, the sky won't snow and the sun won't shine" part because she goes into falsetto voice.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

elliput
06-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh, I just love these!

DD is into playing with babies (dolls). She likes to put them to sleep by lying them face down, patting them quite forcefully if they are not lying flat, and then covering with a blanket, wash cloth or playsilk (whatever is handy). She will do this over and over and over. It is quite adorable.

She loves to kiss her hand and blow the kisses to Daddy.