PDA

View Full Version : Mommy Cards - Yea or Nay?

neeter
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm debating whether to order a set of Mommy calling cards. For those who ordered them, do you use them often? There are a couple of times when I could have used them, but not sure if it justifies the cost (I have my eye on a design in Vista Print that is in their Premium section).

If you got them, what do you have on there?

TIA!

BellaGirl
06-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I have always wanted to order these...they look so cute and useful!! However, my DS will be two shortly and I have had one maybe two occassions to use a "mommy card" ever! Truth be told...I work outside the home and DS is in daycare for most of the day...so I don't get many opportunities to meet other moms (wish I did!!!). So I may not be the best person to ask.

Still, I think they could be useful if you and DC are going to mommy groups or playgroups together...where you might need to exchange contact info with other moms frequently. I hope to need "mommy cards" one day! :)

jenjenfirenjen
06-05-2006, 10:38 AM
I got the ones for free (just paid for shipping) on Vista Print. I haven't used them yet as I went ahead and ordered them with DS2's name on there as well so I was waiting for him to be born. I've shared them with some moms from my playgroup and they thought they were cute. I'm not sure I could justify the cost though if I paid more than I did ($5.)

bunnisa
06-05-2006, 11:00 AM
There are many times I could have given these out -- I considered buying them shortly after 1st DC was born.

But I could never decide how much info to give on the cards, and so I just never did it. I don't think I'd put my address or my children's names, so maybe just my cell phone number? Or my email addy?

deenass
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I use mine all the time, whenever I need to give someone my phone # or email address, I just hand it over!

Mine have my name, DS's mommy (as my title) my address, phone #, cell phone & email address

jadwiga
11-10-2006, 05:59 PM
i love the idea! i think you should go for it. i might too.....

just checked out vistaprint.com business cards. they seem really cheap + you can make your own design.

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Good point. I would probably stick with my generic email address for starters. My first name and maybe ds'.

Beth

happy2bamom
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I ordered mine when they were free (not sure how often they run that deal) and I paid shipping. I have only used them twice, but I ordered them while I was pregnant and we didnt' know if we were having a boy or a girl so only my first born is listed on the card. I included my name, my son's name, my phone number and email address. The two that I gave out were to my neighbors. I talk to them all of the time when we are outside, but we had never exchanged phone numbers, so the cards came in handy.

jeminaal
11-10-2006, 09:00 PM
I got the free 250 business card deal from Vista Print a while back. :)

Yes, I use them all the time now that my children are in preschool and elementary school. DD and DS are making new friends and the mommies I meet often want to get together for playdates. It really makes exchanging information SO much easier. I've gotten positive comments about them everytime I exchange info with a mommy (as she fumbles through her purse for a pen and a piece of paper, LOL!).

I have the following listed on the card:

Name
Mommy to DD and DS
Address
Home Phone
Cell Phone
e-mail address

Since I am selective on who I give these cards to anyway, I feel very comfortable with having the info listed on there. To me, the point of having these cards is to make it easy for the person with the card to contact me, so why not have the info they need?

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

CiderLogan
11-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I got the free ones too. For the cost of shipping, I think they're worth it. Great for playdates, although I've ended up needing them at times I've left them in the diaper bag (if I just have a purse), so now I figured to put some in my wallet. I agree - they are more useful as the kids get older.

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

mommyoftwo
11-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Right now you can get the premium business cards for free if that makes your decision any easier. Look under specials on the website.