PDA

View Full Version : Pampering yourself postpartum!

BellaGirl
06-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Life's little luxuries...

I'm due in just a few weeks with second DC and I'm looking for reccommendations on products that are purely self indulging!! After first DC, I completely under estimated how icky-yuck-yuck I would feel after labor/delivery and I took only the bare essentials with me to the hospital. This time around, I want to bring a few things that'll make me feel human again (and heck, if I can dream...perhaps something to make me feel a little pretty again :)

I'm very practical by nature, but as I look to pack my hospital bag, I really don't want to bring the same old bottle of Head&Shoulders shampoo, curel moisturizer and soap dish with dove soap...I want somthing a little more fun and exciting!! Any reccommendations? How do you pamper yourself at home?

I did splurge on a pair of nice nursing pj's with a pretty print to get me started. But what else?

JTsMom
06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
If you're anything like me, you'll be washing your hands non-stop, so I'd splurge on some Bath and Body Works moisturizing soaps in your favorite scents.

Good luck!

Puddy73
06-05-2006, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't recommend wearing them until a week or two postpartum, but my SPANX underwear made me feel soo much better about myself after DS was born. They really hold in the saggy belly without being too uncomfortable.

How about some cute slippers or socks to go with your pjs?

If you have wavy or curly hair that isn't too fine, John Frieda Beach Blonde spray is a great product that smells yummy (like coconut suntan lotion). Just spray it on after you wash your hair, scrunch a little, and you have sexy "beach" hair.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Momof3Labs
06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I was stuck in the hospital for almost a week after DS2 was born due to complications, and the biggest "indulgence" for me was being able to watch some mommy tv! I was so sick of watching shows chosen by DS1. Or bring some magazines to flip through, if that is more your speed. Though FWIW, I had no time to do any of this on the day after DS2 was born - there was so much hospital traffic in and out of my room! But the second day was quieter.

I'd be hesitant to bring anything heavily scented that you aren't already used to - your nose is working overtime and that's not the time to try a new scent!

kboyle
06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Just wanted to agree about the Beach Blonde products, I am SOOO not blonde, but I love the deep conitioner & shampoo because of the smell :)

Totally get some good smelling, moisturizing hand soap.